Mileage on odometer on delivery?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I received my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) today and it lists that there are already 50 miles on the odometer.
I'm scheduled to pick up the car on Saturday.
Is this sort of mileage normal? Seems a bit odd...
Thanks.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I received my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) today and it lists that there are already 50 miles on the odometer.
I'm scheduled to pick up the car on Saturday.
Is this sort of mileage normal? Seems a bit odd...
Thanks.
that is what everyone's paperwork is showing, even the cars delivered with less than 10 miles.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Where do these 8-10 miles come from? Seems like a lot for just the QA testing.
most of those miles are likely on a dyno in the factory (at 60mph, that would only be 7.5 minutes). some from trips around the track. some from loading onto and off trucks/trains/etc to get to your delivery center

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine had 14 miles on it. Don't care where they came from, given the hundreds I've put on in just a few days.
interestingly, Autopilot activated after just 15 additional miles from delivery. Who can beat that?

DJM

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Just got my VIN and are arranging financing with Suffolk Federal Credit Union (SFCU) on Long Island, NY
Can anyone advise me on what paperwork (Bill of Sale) that I need to give to the Credit Union to complete the loan ?
Credit Union said they need a copy of purchase order with VIN # and SFCU listed as the Lien Holder.

How or where do I get this Bill of Sale? What has everyone been using for documentation to secure the loan????

Thanks for any help provided. Delivery set for April 25th.

DanF861

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I'm looking at a Model 3 Performance and noticed in the ordering e-mail from Tesla it shows 115 miles. The car was built on Nov 18, 2018. It seems to me like a new vehicle should have fewer miles, so I'm concerned if it's been test driven, etc. Should this be something to worry about, or is that amount of miles normal? Thanks!

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I wouldn’t worry about it. Sometimes their paperwork has an arbitrary number of miles. And if it has been driven 115 miles, I see no real problem with that. It is an inconsequential number of miles.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm looking at a Model 3 Performance and noticed in the ordering e-mail from Tesla it shows 115 miles. The car was built on Nov 18, 2018. It seems to me like a new vehicle should have fewer miles, so I'm concerned if it's been test driven, etc. Should this be something to worry about, or is that amount of miles normal? Thanks!
Typically, the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement for a new Model 3 will specify exactly 50 miles, while the car's odometer at delivery will show something like 10 or less. Your case sounds a little different, though.

Can you tell us more about your order, such as when you placed it, how you placed it, and any conversations you've had with a Tesla rep since placing it? Also, are you receiving a discount off of the list price of a P3D?

Since Tesla has opened up its loaner and test drive fleet for sale, it's possible that this is a lightly-driven demo or loaner. (If you're receiving a discount off of list price, this is more likely.) Or the paperwork could be incorrect (which seems to be more common than one would think).

If either of these possibilities concern you, ask your delivery center to confirm the actual mileage on the odometer (assuming they already have the car on-hand).

One thing to keep in mind is that, with the federal tax credit decreasing by $3750 on January 1st, this particular car may be the only P3D that can be delivered to you by December 31st, so your options for taking delivery of an alternate vehicle may be very limited.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agree with @Bokonon above, but I do note you say "I'm looking at" which leads me to believe you are looking at a car on the ground already, I may be mis-interpreting what you are saying. They are likely trying to match you a car locally to get you that full tax credit and this will be the only way, a local car that you take delivery of in the next 4 days. This car could have had a few test drives, or maybe moved from one location to another. You'll have to decide if 115 miles are worth $3750 you'll lose on the federal tax rebate if you don't take delivery before 1/1.