Middle headrest in M3

Country
Country
I noticed today while looking at pictures of the model 3 interior that they decided to ditch the middle back seat headrest. Im curious as to why tesla did this other than the obvious line of sight issue. I would have liked them to keep it like the model S as its much safer for a passenger and reduces their risk of whiplash. Tesla tries to make the safest cars but removes this feature...just seems counterproductive to me. What do you guys think?

Attachments

Model34mePlease

Country
Country
I noticed today while looking at pictures of the model 3 interior that they decided to ditch the middle back seat headrest. Im curious as to why tesla did this other than the obvious line of sight issue. I would have liked them to keep it like the model S as its much safer for a passenger and reduces their risk of whiplash. Tesla tries to make the safest cars but removes this feature...just seems counterproductive to me. What do you guys think?
I'm guessing that the top part of the center section rises as a headrest.

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Yes, this is confirmed. I suspect we'll see this type in the Model S eventually as well
@TrevP , while on the topic of headrests, and the front headrests power controlled like the new X and S seats, or manually adjustable? Tesla says 12 way power seats.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@TrevP , while on the topic of headrests, and the front headrests power controlled like the new X and S seats, or manually adjustable? Tesla says 12 way power seats.
Model 3 has fixed headrests in all but the middle back row seats. If you rewatch our video you'll see what I mean.

The S and X have adjustable motorized headrests but only if you opt the premium seats. The multi-pattern are fixed in place.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For anyone that has driven a Model S and thought rear visibility was fairly poor, you will be happy when you drive Model 3!