Meet the renegade who’s teaching the world to fix totaled Teslas

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

96s46p

Country
Country
Nice! So can we crowdfund you to make a full electrical diagram released under CC BY-NC-SA or similar?

96s46p

Country
Country
I hope so, but waiting is no fun. I'm just talking about harness diagram with wire color and pin number. Not identifying all the signals. We can crowdsource that. Few hundred wires should not take long. If you made a video where you just read out the wire colors of each branch and connector in order we could probably use voice to text and generate the diagram programmatically.

Ingineer

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I estimate this would take 40-80 hours to do accurately. I don't think you realize how many signals there are.

96s46p

Country
Country
Yeah I may have been lowballing it in my head. How many nodes would you estimate in the harness diagram? 3000? So if we say it would take on average 5 seconds to describe a node that's 4 hours. Still quite a task, maybe not worthwhile.

c2c

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The article misses a new car selling point.
I showed my buddy, the doctor/hospital administrator, my week-old model 3. His biggest obstacle to purchasing is Tesla's longevity. He buys; next day Tesla closes; following day his model 3 becomes a brick. So maybe Ingineer isn't spinning new updates, but there could be system recoveries.
A source code escrow might be good for all.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it's so cool that someone outside of Tesla has so much knowledge about these cars. Thanks for all the great videos and all your hard work! Here is my dream though......

5-10 years down the road when solid state batteries are a thing and you can recharge in 5 minutes for 600 miles of range (okay, I know that is way too optimistic but stay with me here). I'm really hoping someone who knows what they are doing (read @Ingineer ;)) will offer a replacement pack for the Model 3 with a kit that makes the current battery a huge Powerwall for the house!

I'm sure with the penthouse integrated it would probably not be worth the trouble but hey, a guy should have a dream!

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Ingineer Congrats, I've been following you for a long time. Your skills/talent are truly amazing!

Any way we can entice you to build a nice battery/UPS kit that's safe in the model 3? Many of us want dash cams that run 24/7.