Did you get an email?

• Total voters

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Help us understand Tesla last mass "Push Back" emails. Vote for your category and whether you received an email. The sporadic case reports are just too hard to interpret.

Thanks,

CJ

Tstroud

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm curious about the one guy that had a delivery date set but also got a push back email. I would be annoyed if I got an email in general, but this would almost push me over the edge. I'd be so upset I'd almost have to just cancel and get a CPO to really stick it to Tesla :p but seriously, it would be heartbreaking to get the email at that point.

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm curious about the one guy that had a delivery date set but also got a push back email. I would be annoyed if I got an email in general, but this would almost push me over the edge. I'd be so upset I'd almost have to just cancel and get a CPO to really stick it to Tesla :p but seriously, it would be heartbreaking to get the email at that point.
I'll let @Charlie W respond when he's back.
I doubt if the email does anything to change his delivery date.

He Chen

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I was invited and configured on April 18th. No VIN. No delay email. I see one other person voted with the same situation. Last option on the poll. Not sure if this is good or bad. Maybe Tesla just forgot about me altogether.

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just had to change my vote from "Invited, configured, without VIN - got email (July)" to with VIN as the shop trick gave me a number, not sure how reliable but hey, a number is a number and I'm taking it...

GreggB

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Invited and configured April 10th. Vin # May 8th. Vin # disappeared today! No email. What is up?
I emailed my sales advisor this weekend when my VIN disappeared and here was the response: “No need to worry, this is something we’ve changed on everyone’s My Tesla. We have simply changed the visibility of the VIN, however, I still see that there is a VIN assigned to you.”

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is the tabulated result of the poll from both M3OC and TMC after 1 day.
With two exceptions, all emails were sent to the configured group with no VIN or with very recently assigned VIN.

The first exception went to @Charlie W who already have a delivery date.
The second exception went to @Nilroc who was invited but deferred. She/He is also the only Canadian to receive an email.

47 reported June email
30 reported July email

Of the 47 June email, 14 or ~30% now have a VIN a day after the emails.
export-jpg.9085

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I was invited and configured on April 18th. No VIN. No delay email. I see one other person voted with the same situation. Last option on the poll. Not sure if this is good or bad. Maybe Tesla just forgot about me altogether.
I configured 3/23 and didn't get a VIN until early May. Like you I thought Tesla had forgotten about me, but I've been driving my TM3 for a week now. Keep up the hope and use the time to get organized (arrange for charging at home -- if you need/want, get rid of existing vehicles, re-stock your detailing supplies, brush up on the right way to wash your new car, get estimates for specialty coatings, etc.). It will keep you productively engaged in Tesla-motivated activities and will make the time pass by quicker.

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
.... and an email this morning (05/22) from a Tesla ISA saying "Complete final stages" ... o_O

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Yep, that's a VIN!
so, if I add the wall charger to my basket and go to checkout, I can now see M3-xxx.72 and this number is different than my reservation number listed on the account.

Does that mean a VIN has been assigned? If so, I have a VIN!!

VIN!
VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!

m_shadey

Country
Country
so, if I add the wall charger to my basket and go to checkout, I can now see M3-xxx.72 and this number is different than my reservation number listed on the account.

Does that mean a VIN has been assigned? If so, I have a VIN!!

VIN!
VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!VIN!
Sooooo, I can’t tell... do you have a VIN, or no...? :)