MAXpider floor liners

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I'm still deciding which floor liners to get for wet and snowy weather in the PNW.

Can someone comment on how dirty the MAXpider liners look after getting in/out with wet and dirty feet? And how hard they are to clean. Does the dirty water collect in the texture and make it difficult to clean? Also, how easy are they to lift out when dirty? Can they be lifted out level if they have a few ounces of water in them so I can dump them out and hose them off? Or will I have to sponge the water out before I remove them?

I get a lot of snowmelt in my floor liners. My previous car had a lip around the all-weather liners but it wasn't deep enough to prevent the water from topping it if I parked on a steep hill. It looks like the MAXpiders are a bit deeper so maybe that's not a concern. Otherwise, I'll have to go with the liners with lots of hexagons (because that texture will prevent all the water from running to one corner of the liner and over the top).

Thanks for any first-hand experience before I purchase.

processengr

Country
Country
You may wish to wait for the weather-tech floor liners. Although very plain, they will do the job best.
I have the Maxipiders on order, but I have a 4wd truck for when the snow comes in (East coast) The truck has the weather techs...

flyeaglesfly

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I agree with @EV Dr. Here are a few pics to help (unfortunately, both are after cleaning as I didn't get a before pic). The MAXpider on the drivers side and the WeatherTec in the trunk. The WeatherTec is two months older than the MAXPider's, so it has had more time to accumulate some scuffing. I think they are both super easy to clean, but the MAXpider looks nicer after being cleaned - the WeatherTec hard rubber seems to be "graying" on it's own over time, and just generally looks more worn in. The MAXPider may do the same as it gets more scuffed, but the texture seems to be protecting it somewhat from doing so as quickly.

Attachments

Perscitus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

android04

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for all the helpful replies. @processengr , why do you think the Weathertech will work better?

I'm still undecided but leaning towards these simple ones:

Amazon product
I wouldn't buy the ToughPRO mats because they will not protect your carpet from water and gunk flowing over the sides and they're too soft to get them out without spilling what they've contained. I've had the MAXpider matts since like June and am very satisfied with them. They are study enough that should be able to lift them out without spilling gunk or water. I like how they look better than the utilitarian WeatherTechs would look too.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I wouldn't buy the ToughPRO mats because they will not protect your carpet from water and gunk flowing over the sides and they're too soft to get them out without spilling what they've contained. I've had the MAXpider matts since like June and am very satisfied with them. They are study enough that should be able to lift them out without spilling gunk or water. I like how they look better than the utilitarian WeatherTechs would look too.
Ooops! I already ordered them. That's ok, I can put them in my wife's LR Model 3 which shouldn't be getting significant snow melt. The photo of the ToughPro mats taken in the drivers footwell makes the hexagons look deep enough to contain enough water. But the photo of the mats out of the car appear to be of a different design, different pattern. So maybe a bit of bait/switch.

My concern with the Maxpider's is the photos I've seen of ones that have been in service for a few months makes it look like the CF pattern starts showing marks from heel drags. And that's just with summer use. What will they look like with dirty snowmelt drying in the CF weave? So it's still between the MAXpiders and the WeatherTechs (neither of which are available for immediate shipping).

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ooops! I already ordered them. That's ok, I can put them in my wife's LR Model 3 which shouldn't be getting significant snow melt. The photo of the ToughPro mats taken in the drivers footwell makes the hexagons look deep enough to contain enough water. But the photo of the mats out of the car appear to be of a different design, different pattern. So maybe a bit of bait/switch.

My concern with the Maxpider's is the photos I've seen of ones that have been in service for a few months makes it look like the CF pattern starts showing marks from heel drags. And that's just with summer use. What will they look like with dirty snowmelt drying in the CF weave? So it's still between the MAXpiders and the WeatherTechs (neither of which are available for immediate shipping).
Plus, if you order the ToughPro's, you actually get them... versus being told "September" when I bought in August, and still waiting for my MAXpiders to arrive.

Currently using the ToughPro's myself @PNWmisty , I like them enough and they do the job. My one gripe is that they don't look like they fit the car to me. The rest of the car seems sleek and modern, high tech... and then there's this hexagonal rubber there that feels out of place. Totally personal preference on appearances for me... but functionality wise, they've already been through a part of winter with me here and I can vouch for them in regards to that. Plus, I applied for the Amazon Visa at the time of purchase so I ended up paying $15 for them. ;)

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Plus, if you order the ToughPro's, you actually get them... versus being told "September" when I bought in August, and still waiting for my MAXpiders to arrive.

Currently using the ToughPro's myself @PNWmisty , I like them enough and they do the job. My one gripe is that they don't look like they fit the car to me. The rest of the car seems sleek and modern, high tech... and then there's this hexagonal rubber there that feels out of place. Totally personal preference on appearances for me... but functionality wise, they've already been through a part of winter with me here and I can vouch for them in regards to that. Plus, I applied for the Amazon Visa at the time of purchase so I ended up paying $15 for them. ;)
Thanks, Lovesword. Can you tell us if yours have the pattern and depth shown in the photo of the Mercedes drivers footwell or if it looks like the main photo of all the mats (both photos in the Amazon link of my previous post)? You will notice the two designs have a different pattern/direction to the rows of hexagons.

The reason I bought these is the hexagons will prevent all the snowmelt from flowing to one corner of the mat if parked on a steep driveway and then topping the mat in the low corner.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks, Lovesword. Can you tell us if yours have the pattern and depth shown in the photo of the Mercedes drivers footwell or if it looks like the main photo of all the mats (both photos in the Amazon link of my previous post)? You will notice the two designs have a different pattern/direction to the rows of hexagons.

The reason I bought these is the hexagons will prevent all the snowmelt from flowing to one corner of the mat if parked on a steep driveway and then topping the mat in the low corner.
RESERVED:

Will edit/respond after work when I'm home and can snap some photos. In the meantime, here is some pics I took back in February when they arrived.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/my-model-3-heav3n.5943/page-3#post-74100

TheTony

It happened.
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
They will be available soon. I confirmed this for us with the manufacturer (U-Ace) a few weeks ago... posted in the EVTuning Solutions group buy thread for the 3DMaxpider mats.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threa...gift-cards-guaranteed.8110/page-4#post-152659
I emailed them months ago inquiring about plans for trunk/frunk mats and never got a response. I couldn't wait around forever, so I bought the Tesla branded frunk/trunk product and am happy with them. Nonetheless, it'll be nice to have more options out there, although even the early batches of the 3D mats showed up a month later than the company stated, so I'd temper your expectations with regard to dates; it'll likely be a little later than stated. To be honest, the fact that they're promising new products when they've still not yet caught up with the demand for their existing products does give me a little pause.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
RESERVED:

Will edit/respond after work when I'm home and can snap some photos. In the meantime, here is some pics I took back in February when they arrived.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/my-model-3-heav3n.5943/page-3#post-74100
Oh, no, the photos you linked to are excellent! No need for additional ones, I just missed your original post. Thank you. So the Amazon photo of the Mercedes footwell does make the pattern look a little deeper but I think these might be sufficient for my needs. I'll probably order the MAXpider or WeatherTech mats for my wife to get a good comparison.

I wonder what's taking WeatherTech so long? They are missing out on some good profits!

DWhatley

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'll probably order the MAXpider or WeatherTech mats for my wife to get a good comparison.
If she cares about how they look (as I do), the MaxPider are hands down the best looking. I did not get any argument from my husband when I insisted on ordering the MaxPider as even he acknowledged the aesthetic advantage. I was going to warn you about how your wife might react if you ordered them for yourself and gave her the industrial looking ones you have already purchased ;)

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just got my 3D Maxpider mats and they look great. I got them from Amazon, but it took about a week. They have the Ss still on Amazon but the 3 shows unavailable now.

Dr Gez

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I ended up buying the Tesla all weather mats after I bought the maxpider. I plan on returning them to Costco in Ottawa this weekend as I never did use them. If anyone is interested in buying them from me before I return, dm me.