Question Matching an Order to VIN

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

TDC

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I ordered a M3 LR the middle of March 2021 and asked them to not match to a vin until April 8, 2021. Then I called and and requested to move the match date to April 1 and was advised to keep the 4/8 date but that I will probably not receive the car until mid to late May. Does this make sense to those familiar with the process? Thanks!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Model 3s made in California are sold in both North America and Europe. In order to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of a quarter, the first half of the quarter's production of Model 3s are generally shipped to Europe, while the second half of a quarter's production is shipped to middle and eastern parts of the continent, with the last few weeks of a quarter's production being earmarked for California and the rest of the west coast.

Since Q2 runs from April to June, mid-May sounds about right for a delivery to Indiana.

• Agree
Reactions: TDC and TrevP

JasonF

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Also, don't trust the accuracy of their delivery estimate. In 2018, when Model 3's were in much shorter supply, I was told my delivery would be sometime between September and November. Then they called on July 3rd to ask why I hadn't filled out the financing paperwork yet - because my delivery date was the following week.

• Agree
Reactions: TDC and iChris93

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Model 3s made in California are sold in both North America and Europe. In order to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of a quarter, the first half of the quarter's production of Model 3s are generally shipped to Europe, while the second half of a quarter's production is shipped to middle and eastern parts of the continent, with the last few weeks of a quarter's production being earmarked for California and the rest of the west coast.

Since Q2 runs from April to June, mid-May sounds about right for a delivery to Indiana.
Exactly. Teslas logistics are based on worldwide delivery times and end of quarter revenue recognition. Once Berlin and Austin come online and ramp up things will improve to take a lot of the load off Fremont

Reactions: TDC and garsh

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I ordered a M3 LR the middle of March 2021 and asked them to not match to a vin until April 8, 2021. Then I called and and requested to move the match date to April 1 and was advised to keep the 4/8 date but that I will probably not receive the car until mid to late May. Does this make sense to those familiar with the process? Thanks!
All cars aren't made on the same day, they are made in batches, last I heard it was weekly. So indeed it may take 6 weeks to come back around to your specific car.

Reactions: TDC

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.