Massive bummed

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Andy Z

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
afda64eb-46b3-4373-8fc7-411ab32a5a82-jpeg.5077
I just got my 3 less than 2 weeks ago and some A-hole sideswiped me!!!!!! OMG. Trying to get this fixed is a challenge. Tesla has selected authorized body shops but getting Model 3 parts will be a bit of a nightmare. A bit depressed. The good news is no one was hurt and the car still drives just fine. It is clearly his fault and I have a ton of photos from the scene.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 5077 I just got my 3 less than 2 weeks ago and some A-hole sideswiped me!!!!!! OMG. Trying to get this fixed is a challenge. Tesla has selected authorized body shops but getting Model 3 parts will be a bit of a nightmare. A bit depressed. The good news is no one was hurt and the car still drives just fine. It is clearly his fault and I have a ton of photos from the scene.
aw man, I'm sorry to hear about that :( That sucks so bad! I really hope you get it back quick style!

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@Andy Z,

Nooooooooooo! I haven’t even come down yet off the excitement of you receiving your car! OMG I’m so distraught. Looks like he got everything.....the right front door, right rear door, side AND right rear quarter panel. Please tell me you got him on dashcam. If not where were you parked? Any chance of the local businesses or parking lot where you parked having security video you could tap and access? That’s what I’d recommend asking around for....maybe you could glean some valuable data or information on the suspect. Keep an eye out for red paint on local vehicles that may frequent that area as well.
On another note please keep us posted on your getting it repaired, timeline and Tesla’s help as well. Part procurement will be the main issue.

Wishing you luck and sympathies!

Ski

Andy Z

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
@Andy Z,

Nooooooooooo! I haven’t even come down yet off the excitement of you receiving your car! OMG I’m so distraught. Looks like he got everything.....the right front door, right rear door, side AND right rear quarter panel. Please tell me you got him on dashcam. If not where were you parked? Any chance of the local businesses or parking lot where you parked having security video you could tap and access? That’s what I’d recommend asking around for....maybe you could glean some valuable data or information on the suspect. Keep an eye out for red paint on local vehicles that may frequent that area as well.
On another note please keep us posted on your getting it repaired, timeline and Tesla’s help as well. Part procurement will be the main issue.

Wishing you luck and sympathies!

Ski
I do have enough photos and info that shows it’s the other drivers fault. Yep. Front door rear door quarter panel and bumper. His F150 only has a slight scratch on the corner of his bumper. No real help from Tesla since it isn’t structural. I got referred to one of their approved body shops. Getting the body parts for this new model will be time consuming.

OneSixtyToOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I do have enough photos and info that shows it’s the other drivers fault. Yep. Front door rear door quarter panel and bumper. His F150 only has a slight scratch on the corner of his bumper. No real help from Tesla since it isn’t structural. I got referred to one of their approved body shops. Getting the body parts for this new model will be time consuming.
Was the F-150 rolling coal?

I get upset when I see a new scratch on my car. I can't imagine how you feel right now. Hopefully it will look like new after repairs.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sooooooooo sad, this would be my worst nightmare. Glad nobody got hurt and yes, it's only a car. However I hate that your baby got molested by a Ford! I wanted to make a joke and say "that'll buff right out" but I'm sure it won't make you feel any better. I hope you can get it fixed without too long of a wait. Please keep us all posted on how the repair goes, it will be very informative for the rest of us.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep, that's a sick feeling. I had someone sideswipe my Leaf less than a month after I got it. Luckily, it just needed to be painted - the metal hadn't been dented at all.

I was too flustered to get the license plate, and the perp ran. That's when I decided to get a dashcam.