Country

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No matter which car I own they all seem to consume wayy more coffee fluid than any other. Oh wait, that's the driver... Never mind.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I believe he was referring to the Too Much Information rating in regard to my bladder crack. :)

Dan
OMG... :D And here I am googling this and getting the first on hit on this
'The Theck-Meloree Index is a tanking metric that attempts to quantify the “smoothness” of a tank’s damage intake based on spike magnitude and frequency.'
In my crazy head, since we were originally taking about fluids, I could kinda see a (far-fetched) link to tanks... but I also feared I was totally not getting it!! Well, it's clear now... Google needs to be enhanced to deliver the right acronym definition first !! :p;)

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't figure out what that picture is supposed to be @TrevP
:tmi:

It's the emoticon for a covering the eyes on one's face for getting TOO MUCH INFORMATION : TMI :

Also...

Mine always seem to leak bladder fluid.

Guess I'm getting old. ;)

Dan
As for @Dan Detweiler comment, this is also the reason why stopping to supercharge is a GOOD idea. Gives necessary pit stops for travelers

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Apart from the coffee, all those fluids normally don't need replenishing, just checks. They're certainly nothing compared to the amount of fossil fluids going into the tank of an ICE car.

This detailed fluid discussion at other fora could be a way to divert attention from the immense environmental benefits of the Tesla and other BEV's. Instigated by advocates of the ICE sector.

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
Very good, well executed video! Fact based! :)
A good video! Here's what I posted in the comments there:

A good video! Thanks! Just one minor point, though... Instead of the 2014 AUDI A7, you should have used data points for the 2014 AUDI A8 instead. Why? Because the BMW 7-Series, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, and Tesla Model S are all the flagship vehicles for their respective brands. Choosing the AUDI A7 is like comparing the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class instead. I think that is why the expected service costs for the A7 is so much lower than the other two German cars shown here. Especially since the A8 has a much lower sell-through rate than the 7-Series or S-Class in the US.

But further, because where the 7-Series, S-Class, and Model S all have a 'Large Car' classification by the EPA, the A7 does not (it is Midsize instead), and there is at least an A8 L that does. FYI... I think AUDI discontinued the A8 in the U.S. specifically because it, too, was Midsize. The A8 L was the only version offered that was a Full Size, Large Car in their stable, and now it is the only version of the A8 in the U.S. at all.

There used to be a lot more of the AUDI A7 sold than A8, but both of their sales have been slipping, dropping, falling since the Model S was launched.