M3OC in Utah & other state news

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Go see Julio at Tint Action! He did a fantastic job on my 3...

Before I was totally planning on using the Wheel kit I purchased to remove the Aero covers. Now I'm thinking of keeping them on to enhance the Batmobile-esk appearance. Thoughts? Emblems go back on next week after being cerakoted and waiting for the film to finish moving about.

Country
Country
Before I was totally planning on using the Wheel kit I purchased to remove the Aero covers. Now I'm thinking of keeping them on to enhance the Batmobile-esk appearance. Thoughts? Emblems go back on next week after being cerakoted and waiting for the film to finish moving about.
+1 for Julio. Looks awesome. I bought the wheel kit before I picked up my 3 as well but have just left the aero covers on since I'm one of the crazy ones who actually likes them.

CaribbeanKing

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So question for the Utah group. Everyone got the temporary tag when picking up, right? How long is it valid? I thought the Tesla rep said I needed to wait for them to do something with registering the title before I could go pay the tax and get my permanent plates. Can anyone elaborate on the process? I financed through Bank of America. Not in a huge rush, but wanted to know the process.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
So question for the Utah group. Everyone got the temporary tag when picking up, right? How long is it valid? I thought the Tesla rep said I needed to wait for them to do something with registering the title before I could go pay the tax and get my permanent plates. Can anyone elaborate on the process? I financed through Bank of America. Not in a huge rush, but wanted to know the process.
When I picked mine up during the crazy rush, they said registration docs would be Fedex'd to me in "a couple weeks". My only "documentation" right now is the little sticker with the CA DMV tags folded up in it - which I'm refusing to stick to my window with new tint. I've also been cautiously watching my rearview mirror waiting to get lit up by UHP with absolutely no plates or tags, but so far so good.

I confirmed this with another friend of mine who received his 3 the same day and echo'd the same. Not sure how long those temp ones are good for, however.

Country
Country
Temp tags are good for 90 days. I moved mine from the back window to the front window when I had tint done the first week. Tesla will FedEx you a packet with the info you need to take to the DMV, where you'll register and pay the taxes. Some people have gotten their packets in a couple weeks. Mine took two full months.

ltphoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I moved my little temp stick-on packet to the front window also when the windows were tinted. Then I was going to the airport last Wednesday and had a UHP car following me for several miles on 215. I was stressed out waiting for the lights to start flashing, but he never did anything. Just figure I need to drive sensibly until I get regular plates.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country

Looks great! I really like the appearance of the Aero covers and if you drive much at speeds above 60-70 mph, they really help with the energy consumption. This has benefits that extend beyond increasing range and decreasing electrical consumption. The battery lifespan is largely determined by duty cycles. So, by reducing consumption, your battery will degrade more slowly.

sclyde

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

How much for the full wrap from Tint Action if you don't mind me asking? I've already gotten a handful of scratches, rock chips, and a door ding... so full PPF is sounding worth it right about now.

CaribbeanKing

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received my registration paperwork today in the mail from Telsla. That puts it right about the 3 week mark. I think the tag is still good for at least another month, so I'm debating if I'd rather wait a little. Do I really care that much about my permanent plates??

ltphoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received my registration paperwork today in the mail from Telsla. That puts it right about the 3 week mark. I think the tag is still good for at least another month, so I'm debating if I'd rather wait a little. Do I really care that much about my permanent plates??
If you like the no plate look, go ahead and wait. I went to the DMV mid-morning on Tuesday and was in and out in about 20 minutes. That was the only reason I considered waiting, but it turned out to be quicker than I ever imagined.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
How much for the full wrap from Tint Action if you don't mind me asking? I've already gotten a handful of scratches, rock chips, and a door ding... so full PPF is sounding worth it right about now.
Hi Clyde! It really depends on what type of wrap you would like. The vinyl wrap like the one above would cost $3k. To wrap it with Paint Protection Film it would be $4500. Any way you go would be great to prevent scratches or damage to the original paint. Let me know if you have any other questions!