M3 Premium Hard Cooler

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't do much in the way of picnics, more sporting events, tailgating, meetups, dinner parties, backyard bbqs.
with Covid picnics are back in a big way! If it wasn’t February your sweetie probably would’ve appreciated the ice cream via picnic even more. Picnics haven’t been hip since the 70s but I think they’re here to stay. Now partially due to the pandemic there’s so much better take out food options.

• Agree
Reactions: CNCT Coolers

Gunn

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@CNCT Coolers - How does it fair in keeping items warm/hot?

Please correct me if I am wrong but insulation can work both ways right, keeping items either hot or cold.

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Maybe an odd question, but have you done any testing to what ambient low temperature your cooler will keep liquids from freezing? I ask because while travelling in this week's frigid temps, my home-grown insulated frunk cooler kept my Dr Pepper liquid at -4 ambient, but was ineffective at -19. Not the kind of problem a Georgia boy normally encounters, but, as you say "you gotta be prepared"!

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@CNCT Coolers - How does it fair in keeping items warm/hot?

Please correct me if I am wrong but insulation can work both ways right, keeping items either hot or cold.

Yes you are correct. I imagine the challenge in keeping something warm for a while would be: on a cold day, you would need to keep it full of warm contents or pack it in a warm ambient place otherwise you would be sealing with cold air from the outside. The reverse applies on a hot day, you need to keep it full of cold contents or ice or ice packs otherwise it is full of warm trapped air which will heat your contents no matter how good the cooler is. Check out these videos Tips To Keep Your Cooler CRAZY Cold and Genius Cooler Hack Saves Ice

Reactions: Gunn

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Maybe an odd question, but have you done any testing to what ambient low temperature your cooler will keep liquids from freezing? I ask because while travelling in this week's frigid temps, my home-grown insulated frunk cooler kept my Dr Pepper liquid at -4 ambient, but was ineffective at -19. Not the kind of problem a Georgia boy normally encounters, but, as you say "you gotta be prepared"!

No we haven't but maybe we should now that you've called me out and I feel unprepared ;). I guess the question is, since it obviously couldn't prevent it from freezing forever but if it kept if from freezing from 12 hours would that be a success? Shorter or longer? We are geeking out with the cooler chatter and I love it.

Reactions: garsh

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have come up with some accessories I am planning on getting for my cooler to be able to throw a nice "Tesla Picnic".
It would be great for someone, Kim Java are you listening, to recreate the picture below in a video with the cooler, picnic accessories and Boombox providing the music.

Would love to hear what you folks might be using it for when its not filled with beer. Still some un answered questions like will it keep Canadian beer cold?
Since I from the south I would be glad to explain to our northern and nordic neighbors what a cooler is used for and why it is such a big deal.
I few years ago I was giving away a yeti in our trade show booth and the Canadian company across from me could not understand why there was so much excitement around our booth over a cooler.

56694452-EF36-4E5F-9123-E7AD0D20BF49.jpeg

IMG_0131.JPG

Wine Bucket

IMG_0125.JPG

Blanket

IMG_0123.JPG

Lamp speaker

IMG_0126.JPG

Tent
IMG_0128.JPG

Glasses

51zMLKYkP4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Candle

IMG_0130.JPG

Fan

IMG_0129.JPG

Cutting board

s-l1600.jpg

Thermos

IMG_0124.JPG

Plates and stuff

IMG_0122.JPG

String Lights

IMG_0121.JPG

Coffee Mug

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Insider News: Subscribe to our website www.cnctcoolers.com for an email coming out on Sunday. If you haven't subscribed and have an interest at all in our product please subscribe to grab the discount code now (that's a hint)

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Any possibility you could test one of these or a similar model on the bottom of the lid? I’m thinking about purchasing one of these for remote temperature monitoring. It’s not really their specified use, but as long as it is not submerged and can transmit through the lid it could be a nice addon

Temperature and humidity sensor

also no need for custom ones but if you are aware of any gel packs that fit well and look nice I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We ran a test using analog freezer thermometers. This was to test similar capacity economy coolers vs the CNCT Cooler. Then also a test of larger capacity coolers (economy vs premium). Blog is in the works.

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was more looking to have something that I would keep in there all the time to provide continuous smart cooler monitoring. This is the one I purchased it looks very small and last a long time, about a year between coin battery changes. It should do the job to make sure my beer stays cold Without lifting the lid to check on it. It does come with a Velcro sticker so it should be easy to attach to the bottom of the lid.

3E453E60-1C1B-4AB8-9CA4-3B0F3A3BE6DB.jpeg

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
i have a bar fridge and a stand up freezer in the garage. To monitor them for failures I have a simple remote monitor. one sensor in each appliance and the display/alarm on the house side of the door to the garage. sometimes simple works.

small-BL260.png

Reactions: garsh

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.