M3 Premium Hard Cooler

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Product details being released here...
Follow this thread to see the cooler be unveiled through the month of June. Pre-sale starting in late June with shipping starting in mid-July. We are working as quickly as possible to keep this to you that your bevy's and snacks stay cold and fresh.
Keep some non-alcoholic beverages cold for the driver!
Cheers!

Last edited:

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This could have been a really bad idea. it worked well but I forgot what I learned in Grade 10 science class. Chemical reactions create heat. This was only 3mm plastic. Don't try this!

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Reveal starting this Friday June 12. Stay Tuned! Reveal will be over 3 weeks - 3, 2, 1
We trust you'll love it! Follow us on Twitter and IG at @cnct_coolers
Should we reveal it here too?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Reveal starting this Friday June 12. Stay Tuned! Reveal will be over 3 weeks - 3, 2, 1
We trust you'll love it! Follow us on Twitter and IG at @cnct_coolers
Should we reveal it here too?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
where in the car will this reside?
Thanks for your question.

It is custom designed for the lower trunk well. You will still be able to use the factory trunk-well cover, if you wanted to. You may not want to cover this up though.

The idea is to avoid the cooler taking up the main trunk area and sliding around. I have found that I rarely use the trunk well.

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm sharing a bit of the long journey. Here is a photo of some 3D scanning of the trunk well. Incredible hand held machine that uses light to create an image of the interior space. Amazing this could be done freehand.

img_2727-jpg.34297

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When this concept successfully takes off, I would love to see what you can develop for a smaller frunk cooler!
I appreciate that. The problem with the frunk on the M3 is that it's slanted (causing spills) and it's not very deep which means very small capacity especially when add thick insulated walls of a premium cooler.

Are you thinking like a take out food cooler?

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I appreciate that. The problem with the frunk on the M3 is that it's slanted (causing spills) and it's not very deep which means very small capacity especially when add thick insulated walls of a premium cooler.

Are you thinking like a take out food cooler?
I road trip a lot and use my rear "basement" for other things. I carry a flat Coleman plastic cooler in the frunk at all times. For snacks on road trips and for cold foods when shopping. Of course, that cheap cooler doesn't work for long. I'd love to have a form fitted frunk cooler to house my road trip snacks, but I understand the limitations you listed.

CNCT Coolers

TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Here it is... a full reveal and we are so proud to show it to you. We'd love your questions and discussion. More details will follow on Monday. Tuesday is scheduled to be a big day!

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Okay, you asked for questions, why the thick (handle) sides reducing internal capacity? It seems all other sides (including bottom) are relatively uniform so, while I'm sure there's some reinforcing structures in the handle sides, is it, perhaps, more robust than necessary?

I'd love to hear that there's some kind of hidden ice pack space in those sides with uninsulated inner walls. That way the internal space wouldn't be needed for ice.

Assuming that's not the case and ice will typically be needed, is there a drain plug?

I read your comment about why you didn't do a frunk cooler but, from a practicality sense, I'd sure like to see that tackled since leaving the hood open for everyone to help themselves during a party makes so much more sense than leaving the trunk open and the lower well uncovered. That way, you don't have to worry about any other stuff that might be in the trunk, rain/dirt getting in, or turning off HVAC (overheat protection); plus frunk is mostly plastic lined (except for removable rug).

Last edited: