M3 in PHX

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Josh Pearlman

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received an e-mail from Tesla this morning that the first Model 3 display in Arizona will be at the Tesla Kierland Commons starting today. I'm probably going to try and check it out sometime during the week when lines will hopefully be shorter.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received an e-mail from Tesla this morning that the first Model 3 display in Arizona will be at the Tesla Kierland Commons starting today. I'm probably going to try and check it out sometime during the week when lines will hopefully be shorter.
Got the same email! Trying to decide whether to wait until lines die down or get there ASAP!

Country
Country
I went there this morning at about 8:30 and low and behold the doors were open though not officially. They graciously let me in early and I had the Model 3 all to myself for about 15 minutes! So glad I beat the crowd. Other's have stated this, and I agree, that it looks better in person, especially the back end. So this is me taking delivery of my new Model 3... except they wouldn't let me take it home.
img_1754-jpg.5247

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went there this morning at about 8:30 and low and behold the doors were open though not officially. They graciously let me in early and I had the Model 3 all to myself for about 15 minutes! So glad I beat the crowd. Other's have stated this, and I agree, that it looks better in person, especially the back end. So this is me taking delivery of my new Model 3... except they wouldn't let me take it home. View attachment 5247
The wife and I beat zero crowds, waited an hour and got two minutes... Definitely worth all 120 seconds!

Attachments

Azthrillhouse

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Waited 40 minutes Friday night - the staff at the store handled things exceptionally well*, they were even handing out refreshments to people in line. First impressions - exterior was lustworthy, interior (outside of the console) was a little "meh" (though it was dark and I had very little time w/ the car), but as a 6"4" humanoid I was VERY impressed w/ legroom in front AND back seats.

*The guy managing the line had me fill out all my info on a form on an iPad mini....I told him they already had all of my information multiple times over, asked if I could just give the email associated w/ my Tesla account...nope. Tesla, get a fricking real CRM system!!!!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yay! I was hoping this one would be red. As this one may be the first Model 3 I see up close in person when I'm in phoenix in a few weeks, and so far Multicoat Red seems to be my current first choice.

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
If there's anyone with an M3 in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, I'd like to take a sneak peak at your ride. We can setup a meeting somewhere. I'm willing to meet you anywhere of your choice. Lunch's on me
Are you planning to go to the Kierland Tesla store to look at the 3?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wonder how long it will take before the lines calm down in the store? I'd like to see the new headliner but I'm not willing to wait in line for that.
If it’s in a mall, go early (close to open) and you should be fine. Once the mall is open people get curious and the line will build up. At Stanford Mall they said it was nuts for the first 2 weeks and then slowed.

PS I promise the headliner is not an issue :)

Uricasha

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I showed up 30 minutes early on Sunday and I was 5th in line; you could probably show up 15 minutes early and have a relatively short wait. They were passing out free coffee and other vendors in the mall were passing out free samples too before they openned!!! Car was beautiful so it will be a painful couple of months before I get my hands on one :(

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I'm headed up from Tucson to visit friends and check it out on the 9th.

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I stopped by on Thursday around noon and there were about 5 people milling around in the store. About 3 of us were actually checking out the Model 3, so was a good opportunity to spend about as much time as you wanted to with the car. The red is what I am ordering, so was very nice to check it out in person. Not many surprises for me, except that it looked sportier than the photos and videos. I think it’s the curves and contours that are hard to make out in pictures. I forgot to check out the sound system, so I think I’ll have to make another trip to check it out (good excuse anyway).

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
It was a pretty relaxed visit to the T store on Friday afternoon. I had as much time as I wanted to explore the red 3. There were a few other people getting in and out of the car too but that made it a bit of a social event.

Loved the car of course!

I accidentally used the manual release to open the passenger door, even though I had read plenty of comments about that already. It is an easy mistake to make.

Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey Rich
Amazingly enough, my wife and i were there early Friday afternoon looking at the 3 also. Like you, we had plenty of time to look at, sit in, talk about, open trunks and frunks, play with the screen, and do the same with the S. I can't wait .

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've been up there twice now to look at the car, just can't get enough! Each time it amazes me how many people are so interested in it and how very little most people know about it. I end up in long question and answer sessions each time but it's fun education people who are truly interested. Today I also stopped by the service center on University Dr. and was able to see many Model 3's in each color with both wheel options. It was really nice to see every color in person before placing an order.

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I've been up there twice now to look at the car, just can't get enough! Each time it amazes me how many people are so interested in it and how very little most people know about it. I end up in long question and answer sessions each time but it's fun education people who are truly interested. Today I also stopped by the service center on University Dr. and was able to see many Model 3's in each color with both wheel options. It was really nice to see every color in person before placing an order.
Yeah, we went to the Tempe service center too. 38 3's in the lot.

Azthrillhouse

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Saw my first Model 3 in the wild on Sunday - parking lot of Studio Movie Grill in north Scottsdale. Caught it after seeing Black Panther, feels like the future is already here. :)

(Ps no I didn’t get the VIN, felt creepy just taking this picture - but this guy had AZ plates so he wasn’t a California visitor.)
upload_2018-2-20_21-37-41-jpeg.5851

Attachments