M3 Front end clearance

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wondering if someone would do a quick measurement. I've been slightly worried about my drive as it has an incline coming in from the alley up to the garage. The Fusion clears and I figure the M3 will as well, but I took a couple of measurements and wonder how they compare to the model 3. First is ground to bottom of bumper/car and then from front edge of bumper to where the tire sits on the ground. Basically I'm 8 inches up and about 32 inches from bumper to tire. Pics attached of current measurement so you can duplicate if you would.

Searched a little for this and figure that it might be buried in the videos but search here didn't hit on my request.

img_2764-jpg.8527
img_2761-jpg.8528

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
way back when we only had the blue car on our reservation page, I did this (following photoshopping a bunch of colors) when someone asked about clearing a 12 degree incline, so it may be helpful to you, if you know what your driveway slope is (which can be measured in google earth if you don't know what it is).

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks very much Quick and MelindaV - very informative. Based on that tape measure I will have more clearance than currently - the nose doesn't protrude near as far as the current car. And I had no idea Google Earth had that kind of information. I'll go investigate although it does look like I'm in good shape.