Lug Nut Torque Spec

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am not sure if the car uses lug nuts or lug bolts but I will need to do my first tire rotation soon. Does anyone know what the torque spec of these are?

Thanks!

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It seems high but they are beefy M14 studs, torque away!
I thought it was high because the lug bolts on my last car were 80 ft-lbs, if I am remembering correctly.

Ordered a tread gauge and a new torque wrench that should come in this week!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Ordered a tread gauge and a new torque wrench that should come in this week!
Yeah, I bought a new torque wrench to deal with the higher torque specs and I'm glad I did:

Amazon product
I can highly recommend this 250 ft/lb twin beam clicker style torque wrench. Its 2-foot length is perfect for making torquing the lugs on a Model 3 easy and the wrench is sturdy but not overly heavy. The best thing about it is you don't have to zero it before putting it away. This might seem like a small thing but it really does simplify the job. Setting a new torque value is super fast and easy, just turn a small, easy to turn thumbwheel until the desired torque value appears in the window.

My previous torque wrench had a shorter handle and no head swivel so the handle was always too close to the sidewall of the tire. Even though the swivel only allows around 10 degrees of movement it makes all the difference.