Lucid motors

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
There are some reports today that they have received funding of 1B for their car launch in 2020 https://lucidmotors.com/. The car looks nice though and specs are good too. Things are going to get interesting and nice to see EV companies coming up.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
There are some reports today that they have received funding of 1B for their car launch in 2020 https://lucidmotors.com/. The car looks nice though and specs are good too. Things are going to get interesting and nice to see EV companies coming up.
Specs? All I saw was the estimated range, 0-60 mph and that it will go over 200 mph. No mention of cost, weight, dimensions, charge speed, charger compatibility, etc. Not many details for a car that's supposed to be ready in 2020. It's nice to see more EV manufacturer's enter the space but I don't see how they plan to compete with Tesla's early mover advantage. Also, they seem to be spending a lot of money on slick advertising.

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Specs? All I saw was the estimated range, 0-60 mph and that it will go over 200 mph. No mention of cost, weight, dimensions, charge speed, charger compatibility, etc. Not many details for a car that's supposed to be ready in 2020. It's nice to see more EV manufacturer's enter the space but I don't see how they plan to compete with Tesla's early mover advantage. Also, they seem to be spending a lot of money on slick advertising.
Ha yes I jumped the gun on the word ‘specs’ I agree

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Upcoming announcements should be interesting. You have to wonder for $60K how many of these things you'll get in that car or how many of them are upgrades:

"Assuming everything works out as the company has announced, new owners of the Air sedan, which is priced starting at $60,000, will receive a vehicle with an impressive 400-mile range, a top speed of 200 miles per hour, and a claimed zero-to-60-mph time of just 2.5 seconds. "

My gut tells me this is competition to the S vs the 3 and prices will likely range from $60K to $90K.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It certainly looks impressive. And I agree with you @GDN , to get the features you want will undoubtedly far exceed $60K. But even if they match all features of Tesla at the same price point, what is their refueling solution? Hard to go cross-country without a charging network. I very badly want to be a Lucid fan. And while their car will satisfy a niche market, their Brand cannot satisfy the masses.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3