LR RWD not getting 325 mile range anymore

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
""'Service says I don't need a CAC reset, just charge to 90% 30 times. "" That's laughable. 30 times? Where did they get that? What if you miss it and charge to 90% only 29 times?
I think that used to be called 'kicking the can' just to get the customer off their back and hope they forget about it 30 days (chargers) later.

JML

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
""'Service says I don't need a CAC reset, just charge to 90% 30 times. "" That's laughable. 30 times? Where did they get that? What if you miss it and charge to 90% only 29 times?
I'm pretty sure that they got it by figuring out what needs to happen so I wait at least a month before making another service appointment.

As skeptical as I am, it might be doing something. The other day when charging to 90% the car stopped charging at 227 miles. Then, after the charging had completed, the range jumped instantly to from 227 to 233 miles. I'd say that was progress, but a 90% charge had been 238 miles when I started the 90% daily routine.

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t know what to make of everybody else, but my battery report indicates an upward trend since delivery March 5th of this year. I don’t want to jinx myself. 4800 miles on the ODO. F4C0B8F1-A7F8-437B-8F76-90928298FFD7.png F4C0B8F1-A7F8-437B-8F76-90928298FFD7.png

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t know what to make of everybody else, but my battery report indicates an upward trend since delivery March 5th of this year. I don’t want to jinx myself. 4800 miles on the ODO. View attachment 27877 View attachment 27877
so if you dont want to jinx yourself, do you instead want to point out to the rest of us with lost range that you don't have the same issue?

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so if you dont want to jinx yourself, do you instead want to point out to the rest of us with lost range that you don't have the same issue?
Thanks Mel and Sduck for your insight and my post isn’t helpful, sorry about that. What I find weird is why I haven’t suffered any range loss in 4K miles. I know it’s great for me, but why is my battery different than most other folks. Could it be my driving and charging routine? My understanding is that the biggest loss is during the 1st year and tapers after that. Your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated. Again sorry for not understanding the implications of my post. Have a great day.

JML

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks Mel and Sduck for your insight and my post isn’t helpful, sorry about that. What I find weird is why I haven’t suffered any range loss in 4K miles. I know it’s great for me, but why is my battery different than most other folks. Could it be my driving and charging routine? My understanding is that the biggest loss is during the 1st year and tapers after that. Your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated. Again sorry for not understanding the implications of my post. Have a great day.
I think it's mostly that this thread, and the other range loss ones, are filled with those of us who do have a problem. I think the majority of owners aren't having a problem, so they aren't checking in here. I also think that in most cases it isn't actually the battery that is the problem, but something in the management system. I am positive that the frontline service techs do not know what causes the problems, and there are certainly multiple problems.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm pretty sure that they got it by figuring out what needs to happen so I wait at least a month before making another service appointment.

As skeptical as I am, it might be doing something. The other day when charging to 90% the car stopped charging at 227 miles. Then, after the charging had completed, the range jumped instantly to from 227 to 233 miles. I'd say that was progress, but a 90% charge had been 238 miles when I started the 90% daily routine.
My car did that again this morning as well. Set to charge to 90%, it stopped with 279 miles. Then it jumps to 284 later after it stopped charging. I've seen this happen maybe 5 or 6 other times. TeslaFi shows it gaining miles while it's parked. I wonder if the battery is re balancing??

sduck

Country
Country
What I find weird is why I haven’t suffered any range loss in 4K miles. I know it’s great for me, but why is my battery different than most other folks.
I'm pretty sure it's not your battery, just some software confusion. Like, for me it was when I got 2019.8.5 that things went bad - did you also get that update, or did you skip it or something? It may be completely unrelated to that, but it would be interesting to see if there was any common denominators.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm pretty sure it's not your battery, just some software confusion. Like, for me it was when I got 2019.8.5 that things went bad - did you also get that update, or did you skip it or something? It may be completely unrelated to that, but it would be interesting to see if there was any common denominators.
16.2 was the one that killed my range. You can clearly see where it happened looking at the TeslaFi battery report. I just updated last night to 24.4 and went from 312 to 309 estimated 100% range...so here we go again.

Interesting note sduck. My car is a 2018 LR RWD Midnight Silver Metallic made in June, delivered in July of 2018. VIN 280xx. Very similar to yours.

jsmay311

Country
Country
I've seen ~9 miles drop off my battery over the past 2 months, but I don't see any clear correlation with any software update. (I never got anywhere near 325 miles. My highest according to TeslaFi was 317. And now I'm back almost exactly where I was before the "310-to-325 bump".)

My only guess it that it's related to the hot summer temperatures of late. But that's 100% speculative, so I'm guessing it's unrelated.

1564068725529.png

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I started with that update when I took delivery of the car.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
my drop was also after 2019.8.5

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car did that again this morning as well. Set to charge to 90%, it stopped with 279 miles. Then it jumps to 284 later after it stopped charging. I've seen this happen maybe 5 or 6 other times. TeslaFi shows it gaining miles while it's parked. I wonder if the battery is re balancing??
Mine did the same. Charged to 85% overnight, notification that it finished at 255 miles. This morning when I got in and backed up it was at 257 miles as opposed to 254-255 in versions prior to 2019.24.4.