Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bogdan, is the noise coming from the front or rear? If its from the front then it can be as easy as just tightening the Strut nut, might have gotten loose and now your top hat is clanking around. However, i have lowered a car in which has similar rear setup where the strut does not hold the spring, instead the spring sits on the rear end as in the model 3. In this case if it is the rear clunking around then try to pull the spring out and inspect the rubber seals where your springs sit, Sometime they do not sit properly and you have metal on metal contact between the spring and the suspension part (tray) holding the spring in place. The suspension should not be clunking, that is not normal!

Also did you align the vehicle after installing the springs?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Trying to find out if anybody else have any issues with the UP moderate springs after 3-4 months of use. I started developing a clunking noise when I turn left/right at slow speeds. I took the car to the Tesla service center twice. Last time I spoke with one of the tech suspension experts from their service centers and he told me that the noise comes from the car being lowered, the springs. He told me that this is something normal and I should get used with that noise. He called it coil bending. This tech told me that he is familiar with the UP springs and that he actually he is a good friend with one of the guys that started UP. Also the Tesla Service manager came out to mention to me that because of the after market springs, it will shorten the life of the other suspension components and if later on there are issue with any other components, it will be pretty much non warranty work. I also went back to shop that did the install and he found a tiny bit of noise from the steering rack but not very noticeable. Sorry for the long message, trying to get feedback from all of you guys out there that have experienced this or have issues.
Brother. hope all is well. i got the super lows installed from UP and ive had it for about 3 weeks now. i do not have any noise at all, however what i do notice is that i feel the gas pedal rattling slightly and when i reach speeds of 90, the wheel shakes too. i have no idea what the cause is but besides that the car is riding smooth and looking phenomenal compared to stock. makes it look like a super car

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bogdan, is the noise coming from the front or rear? If its from the front then it can be as easy as just tightening the Strut nut, might have gotten loose and now your top hat is clanking around. However, i have lowered a car in which has similar rear setup where the strut does not hold the spring, instead the spring sits on the rear end as in the model 3. In this case if it is the rear clunking around then try to pull the spring out and inspect the rubber seals where your springs sit, Sometime they do not sit properly and you have metal on metal contact between the spring and the suspension part (tray) holding the spring in place. The suspension should not be clunking, that is not normal!
that can be a cause cause when they installed my rims they only bolted it to 100 instead of 140 because they said it was good enough.

Bogdan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Also did you align the vehicle after installing the springs?
The noise seem to come from front and rear, a lot more noticeable in the front I guess. The alignment was done after I got them installed. Before the UP mild springs, I had their moderate version for about 8 months and I did not have any clunking noises at all. Thanks

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First thing i would do is definitely check the Shock top nut, I believe it is a 17mm, use an Allen key to hold the shock from spinning (Special tool will be needed). (Do not use Impact)

Second i would remove rear wheel and check to make sure the rubber bushing that is both on the top and the bottom of the spring is in place. The bottom rubber bushing actually has 2 "spikes" that need to be aligned and inserted into the bottom suspension component "tray" that holds the springs. Make sure that the ends of the springs are matched to the indentations of the rubber bushings on both top and bottom.

Bogdan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First thing i would do is definitely check the Shock top nut, I believe it is a 17mm, use an Allen key to hold the shock from spinning (Special tool will be needed). (Do not use Impact)

Second i would remove rear wheel and check to make sure the rubber bushing that is both on the top and the bottom of the spring is in place. The bottom rubber bushing actually has 2 "spikes" that need to be aligned and inserted into the bottom suspension component "tray" that holds the springs. Make sure that the ends of the springs are matched to the indentations of the rubber bushings on both top and bottom.
Will do, thanks for the info. I will take a look and see. I was assuming that the Tesla service inspected some of the things that you mentioned but I will double check it. Thanks

BobbyM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Trying to find out if anybody else have any issues with the UP mild springs after 3-4 months of use. I started developing a clunking noise when I turn left/right at slow speeds. I took the car to the Tesla service center twice. Last time I spoke with one of the tech suspension experts from their service centers and he told me that the noise comes from the car being lowered, the springs. He told me that this is something normal and I should get used with that noise. He called it coil bending. This tech told me that he is familiar with the UP springs and that he actually he is a good friend with one of the guys that started UP. Also the Tesla Service manager came out to mention to me that because of the after market springs, it will shorten the life of the other suspension components and if later on there are issue with any other components, it will be pretty much non warranty work. I also went back to shop that did the install and he found a tiny bit of noise from the steering rack but not very noticeable. Sorry for the long message, trying to get feedback from all of you guys out there that have experienced this or have issues.
I had similar coil noises with UP mild springs. See my previous post https://teslaownersonline.com/threa...eedback-satisfaction.6919/page-21#post-208704

Bogdan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A lot of people have mentioned about clunking noise using UP springs. The coils do not sit flat at the top and bottom. Thats why i chose T-sportline.
Hopefully that is not the case since a lot of people (even on this forum) are using UP springs. :)

Bogdan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And one more note, the clunking is not when I go over bumps or any uneven surfaces, its only when I drive slow and take sharper turns, like for example when I back out from a parking spot and turn the wheels in one direction. Trying to give you guys more info and hopefully someone on this forum had the same issue :)

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Trying to find out if anybody else have any issues with the UP mild springs after 3-4 months of use. I started developing a clunking noise when I turn left/right at slow speeds. I took the car to the Tesla service center twice. Last time I spoke with one of the tech suspension experts from their service centers and he told me that the noise comes from the car being lowered, the springs. He told me that this is something normal and I should get used with that noise. He called it coil bending. This tech told me that he is familiar with the UP springs and that he actually he is a good friend with one of the guys that started UP. Also the Tesla Service manager came out to mention to me that because of the after market springs, it will shorten the life of the other suspension components and if later on there are issue with any other components, it will be pretty much non warranty work. I also went back to shop that did the install and he found a tiny bit of noise from the steering rack but not very noticeable. Sorry for the long message, trying to get feedback from all of you guys out there that have experienced this or have issues.
Thanks for sharing this. So they performed this diagnosis free of charge? I would assume that after they found the issue to be due to an aftermarket part that they would charge you for the time and service spent on the car.

Bogdan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for sharing this. So they performed this diagnosis free of charge? I would assume that after they found the issue to be due to an aftermarket part that they would charge you for the time and service spent on the car.
I had other issues with the car beside the clunking noise. Not sure how much diagnostic they did since they did not point me to a specific issue, they just gave me a more of a general diagnostic. They did not charge me anything, it is also probably because I've had many issues with the car and they are being nice. I'm one of the low/early VIN #.

BobbyM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey, are you talking about the coil isolator wraps ? The ones that I have now do have the black plastic wraps. Is that what you are referring too? Thanks
Yes I’m referring to the coil isolation wraps. I don’t have any issues with my UP mild springs since I got the wraps on there.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Will do, thanks for the info. I will take a look and see. I was assuming that the Tesla service inspected some of the things that you mentioned but I will double check it. Thanks
I would not assume that the Tesla maintenance personnel checked it thoroughly. It is a real easy inspection/removal to check out the springs in the rear. Remove the wheels and take a look as previously mentioned. Hope you find the issue. I know that personally the noise would drive me nuts. I recently lowered mine but i have the Tsportline springs. Installation for the rear springs takes like 10 minutes for each side.

TwoK4drSi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And one more note, the clunking is not when I go over bumps or any uneven surfaces, its only when I drive slow and take sharper turns, like for example when I back out from a parking spot and turn the wheels in one direction. Trying to give you guys more info and hopefully someone on this forum had the same issue :)
Look at min 8:20 and beyond. The spring top does is not flat goes against the top strut mount at an angle and putting pressure on the shock. You're getting creaking bc of this but hey...they're your springs.

T-sportline is below.

1561576462921-png.27158

Bogdan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Look at min 8:20 and beyond. The spring top does is not flat goes against the top strut mount at an angle and putting pressure on the shock. You're getting creaking bc of this but hey...they're your springs.

T-sportline is below. View attachment 27158

View attachment 27158
I do see your point but I would assume if that is the case, then a bunch of people will experience the same clunking noise as me since UP springs are installed in a bunch of other cars.

Thanks for the info.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Finally got exterior the way I want and loving it! Wheel gap is gone, stance is lowered and even all around, 27 1/4" - 27 3/8" FTG (about 1.5 finger gap now). Around town there's no noticeable difference in ride from stock, but spirited driving is definitely more confident. However, the new tires seem to be quieter/smoother than the stock 18's. I went meaty on tires on purpose to handle city streets. No spacers, no noise and no rubbing. Even though the rear could use a 5mm spacer, I will skip it.

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Stance SF07 Brushed Dual Gunmetal 19x9.5 +38
Yokohama Advan Sport V105 255/40/19
img_3242-jpg.27174

img_3237-jpg.27175

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I have the exact same issue, it happens to only driver side. The noise happens when steering wheel is turned, most noticeable in parking lot, backing out driveway, slow turns ...

Tried reinstalling and no luck.
Mine is a Performance

Attached picture taken when car is jacked up

Attachments