Lost my Unlimited Free Supercharging and Customer Service does not want to give me back. -- Disapointed.

MuriLOCO

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi all,

I have a Tesla Model 3 Performance which I purchased in 2018. I also got the Performance Package and Free Unlimited Supercharging with a Referral code.
So, after the purchase the Performance Package was refunded, actually was a choice between getting Free Unlimited Supercharging or getting a 5k Refund. In my case, I already had the Supercharging due to my Referral code so I enter on a discussion with a Tesla representative (it was 2 years ago) saying that I am not choosing between the 2 options since I already had the Free Unlimited Supercharging so they agreed and gave me the 5k refund and I kept my Free Unlimited Supercharging.

Ok, everything is good, so this week of April 16 2020 I realized that my Free Unlimited Supercharging was Revoked. I contacted Tesla and they told me it is because I asked a refund years ago and they are removing my Supercharging now. I told them that we agreed before that it would not be removed and look at the last email they sent to me:

"Hi Jose,

Apologies for the delay, I have reviewed the program and your account in full. I do need to advise that your vehicle is correctly set at pay per use supercharging. Yes there were a few different situations in this offer but based on your account the only offer was to forfeit supercharging to receive the refund. I have confirmed this agreement between you and Tesla. This will not be altered, you have been able to enjoy some additional time with free charging and the reason the configuration continues to move back to pay per use is this is the correct configuration for your vehicle.

I understand this is not the resolution you were seeking, please know this has been reviewed by Tesla leadership and the decision stands, this will not be altered.

Angie T. | Referral Program Supervisor
12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020
www.tesla.com/support/referral-program"

Well, I am disappointed, really, I love my car, I really like Tesla but their costumer service SUCKS. I think they should do more for who bought their 100k cars.

Anyone had a similar situation then me? Could you share your experience? How can I escalate this problem?

Thanks!

StromTrooperM3

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
I really like Tesla but their costumer service SUCKS.
NAILED IT. unfortunately that just seems to be what it is....I agree disappointing.

I'd try to open another case it seems depending on the rep people have gotten better results

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If you can prove your position, sue them in small claims court.

MuriLOCO

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
NAILED IT. unfortunately that just seems to be what it is....I agree disappointing.

I'd try to open another case it seems depending on the rep people have gotten better results
They don't get that maybe I spent like 15$ on the last 6 months with my Free Supercharging, because they want to save 30$ per year they make their customer angry. They really don't understand the basics of Costumer Services, very disappointing.

iChris93

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
They don't get that maybe I spent like 15$ on the last 6 months with my Free Supercharging, because they want to save 30$ per year they make their customer angry. They really don't understand the basics of Costumer Services, very disappointing.
You say this, yet they gave you (and many others) a $5k check they did not have to.

Reactions: 1 person

MuriLOCO

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You say this, yet they gave you (and many others) a $5k check they did not have to.
Dude, the point is that they agreed with something years ago and now suddenly they broke the agreement. We are not discussing what they should have done or not, I am discussing that we agreed into something then after the agreement was broken by them.

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What referral ever gave lifetime SC for a Model 3? The rules have changed and I know that, but don't remember the referral ever giving lifetime SC, not for a 3. This seems to be the point you are arguing, and you need to have this documented in writing. You've not shown that yet, and you don't owe it to us, but you and Tesla need to have it documented.

MuriLOCO

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What referral ever gave lifetime SC for a Model 3? The rules have changed and I know that, but don't remember the referral ever giving lifetime SC, not for a 3. This seems to be the point you are arguing, and you need to have this documented in writing. You've not shown that yet, and you don't owe it to us, but you and Tesla need to have it documented.
I got my Model 3 in 2018, at that time the Referral code was giving Free Unlimited Supercharging and I got it. Weeks after they removed this offer but I placed my order on the time that the offer was going. I was one of the early owners of the Model 3, I even got a miniature model 3 as a gift.

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got my Model 3 in 2018, at that time the Referral code was giving Free Unlimited Supercharging and I got it. Weeks after they removed this offer but I placed my order on the time that the offer was going. I was one of the early owners of the Model 3, I even got a miniature model 3 as a gift.
Yeah - I get it - I was an early owner too - purchased in June 2018 - there was NO referral available, period for the Model 3 up to and including the time I purchased the first one. At this point there was also no AWD and no Performance, so just how early do you think you got on this train?

So please contact the person you used for a referral and have them look up their account to show your referral, that is what counts here.

MuriLOCO

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah - I get it - I was an early owner too - purchased in June 2018 - there was NO referral available, period for the Model 3 up to and including the time I purchased the first one. At this point there was also no AWD and no Performance, so just how early do you think you got on this train?

So please contact the person you used for a referral and have them look up their account to show your referral, that is what counts here.
Got mine on September of 2018, note that I live in Canada, the availability of cars are different between countries. In my case there was no Standard Range, only RWD, AWD and AWD Performance, all Long-Range.

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So, after the purchase the Performance Package was refunded, actually was a choice between getting Free Unlimited Supercharging or getting a 5k Refund. In my case, I already had the Supercharging due to my Referral code so I enter on a discussion with a Tesla representative (it was 2 years ago) saying that I am not choosing between the 2 options since I already had the Free Unlimited Supercharging so they agreed and gave me the 5k refund and I kept my Free Unlimited Supercharging.
I don't recall there being any scenario where people were able to get the $5k refund and keep lifetime supercharging. You only got to choose to get a $5k refund if you had free supercharging to give up in exchange.

If a Tesla representative agreed to give you the $5k refund while keeping lifetime supercharging, then they probably made a mistake. But if you have that agreement in writing then FRC's advice is good - take them to small claims court. It should be an easy win.

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm with you @garsh. My P3D was also delivered in September of 2018, and I don't recall any scenario in which a Model 3 got FUSC for life except for early Performance buyers who later refused the $5K refund(me).

JCE

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Initially the Model 3 didn’t quality for the referrals. In the beginning, only the Performance cars came with free lifetime unlimited supercharging which it seems like you gave up for a rebate. I do not recall any time when free unlimited supercharging was tied to the referrals. I ordered my car before the 3 even qualified for referrals and when it did open up free unlimited supercharging wasn’t one of the things it was tied to.

I think the original poster might have been confused about what was actually going on around that time.

MuriLOCO

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Initially the Model 3 didn’t quality for the referrals. In the beginning, only the Performance cars came with free lifetime unlimited supercharging which it seems like you gave up for a rebate. I do not recall any time when free unlimited supercharging was tied to the referrals. I ordered my car before the 3 even qualified for referrals and when it did open up free unlimited supercharging wasn’t one of the things it was tied to.

I think the original poster might have been confused about what was actually going on around that time.
Nope, I am pretty sure what I am saying, Model 3 Performance did not had Free Supercharging when I got it, I got the Free Supercharging due to my Referral code.

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If it was me, I don't really use much supercharging, and probably will never use $5000 worth, so I probably would feel grateful that I'm still ahead. But that wouldn't stop me from making sure Tesla knows I'm displeased with, at the very least, the confusion. My suggestion would be try not to make it sound too contentious, because a big company like Tesla would clam up if they thought it might become a legal issue. If you make them feel bad for you, they might still not be allowed to restore free supercharging, but they might offer a one-time supercharging credit.

JCE

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Nope, I am pretty sure what I am saying, Model 3 Performance did not had Free Supercharging when I got it, I got the Free Supercharging due to my Referral code.

I’m pretty sure that all the early performance model 3’s got free unlimited supercharging even if it wasn’t a perk at the time you ordered. I think that is what happened to @Mad Hungarian when he ordered his car as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
In the beginning, only the Performance cars came with free lifetime unlimited supercharging which it seems like you gave up for a rebate. I do not recall any time when free unlimited supercharging was tied to the referrals.
Free unlimited supercharging was not originally a feature on Model 3 Performance cars. Those of us who ordered early had not expected to get that.

On August 1 2018, Tesla extended their referral program for S & X. At that time they also chose to extend it to Model 3 Performance cars as well. In order to get free unlimited supercharging, you had to place your order using a referral code. To placate those of us who placed our orders before Aug 1 (and to keep us from cancelling & reordering), we were automatically given free unlimited supercharging without needing to use a referral.
https://electrek.co/2018/08/01/tesl...rral-program-extends-program-to-september-16/

msjulie

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I hope you have something in writing cause what someone says can be disputed but paper, less so

Sorry if I missed that you said you did..

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't recall there being any scenario where people were able to get the $5k refund and keep lifetime supercharging. You only got to choose to get a $5k refund if you had free supercharging to give up in exchange.

If a Tesla representative agreed to give you the $5k refund while keeping lifetime supercharging, then they probably made a mistake. But if you have that agreement in writing then FRC's advice is good - take them to small claims court. It should be an easy win.

Exactly. It wasn't either, it was: keep the free Supercharging or lose it and get a $5K refund.

StromTrooperM3

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
They really don't understand the basics of Costumer Services, very disappointing.
Due to my extremely poor customer service experience over the last year I've stopped referring anyone to buy a Tesla.

I'm sure it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. But as someone who gets a new car every 2 years usually, the last 3 have been from Infiniti....there's a reason for that