Lost 9 miles of range

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I'm curious if anybody else has this issue. I haven't had an issue with the vampire drain more than 1-2 miles overnight until this morning (yes I know some do have an issue and it is well known). I didn't do an update, and everything was left the same for settings other than turning off cabin overheat protection which was done to see if that helps losing the 1-2 miles per night. I woke up this morning to find 9 miles shaved off. It started charging at 9pm per my schedule and finished around 1045pm. The 9 miles missing was at 630am. Like i said usually only 1-2 miles are missing, so I'm wondering what could have happened.

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update....the car has continued to lose miles throughout the day. I only drove about 34 miles today yet lost 52 miles in range so far (way more than average). This is the first time I've had that large of loss. Going out in the garage, there is a slight hum or whine from underneath the car despite it being parked for about 2.5 hours now. It's no warmer than previous day's, so I don't know what is different today. Is it conditioning the battery or what is going on?

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I've usually lost about 1-2 overnight and again throughout the day which I've been happy with. However last night it suddenly lost 8 miles and another 5-6 throughout the day. I went out in the garage and it's making a humming noise underneath the car near the front despite being parked for over 2.5 hours...anyone know what it is?

roflwaffle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you tried resetting the car (hold down both steering wheel buttons while depressing the brake pedal). Is Cabin Overheat Protection turned on, and if so, is it set to just the vent instead of the A/C?

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried overheat off, fan only, did the reset, none of it worked. It stayed on for like three days straight and now it's not doing it anymore. Must have something to do with conditioning the battery...but never figured it out.

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
It’s worth noting the firmware version. With so many flying round right now each one is different.
With 26.1 I was able to leave my car in a hotel parking lot for 3.5 days in 100F weather and only lost 5 miles even with Teslafi enabled.