Loot box in T≡SLA app now gone

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
If any of you is wondering where their loot box - associated with the now defunct Referral Program - has disappeared, I got a confirmation mail today from T≡SLA Referral Support Team that states:

Tesla’s Referral System ended on 2/2/19. Your award selections should have been made by March 4th, 2019. Tesla now feels that it is the right time to retire the “Loot Box” and it has started removing it from all of its applications.
Unquote

To the extent you properly selected your earned awards by the above date, they confirm awards are registered with them and will be delivered in due course.

Finally the mail clearly advises that they...
... can no longer allow the addition of referral codes to delivered cars and its benefits, or make changes to your award selections, regardless of previous attempts to add them, date of delivery, or the failure on the part of a Tesla employee or any other circumstance. Awards will be fulfilled based on the timelines posted on the Tesla web site.
Unquote.”

Thought this was something worth sharing.

MacInfoSys

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I never got an opportunity to send in a photo for them to send to space. The offering kept saying it will become avail in February. Oh well.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
The part I am going to miss most is the environment impact on the cars that I referred
Indeed. It was also fun to see all cars being delivered. Irrespective of the awards it made me happy every time for the new owner... T≡SLA sister and brother! :cool:

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One of my referrals had yet to take delivery and now I can’t track it. Should I assume that Tesla is not going to honor that one?

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One of my referrals had yet to take delivery and now I can’t track it. Should I assume that Tesla is not going to honor that one?
FWIW... I still had a referral in the "Ordered" column at the time the loot box vanished, but I gained access to the corresponding award sometime in mid-February. It was as though Tesla decided to credit all pending referrals as if they had been delivered, in order to give people a chance to order their prizes before the program ended.

Did you notice any similar change in your referral prize access?

You can probably still email ReferralProgram@tesla.com to get clarification, and maybe... MAYBE.... ask whether it's still possible to claim whatever prize you may have been unaware that you had won.