Looks like Ludicrous mode is confirmed for Model 3

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now for the unending speculation about just how quick a ludicrous Model 3 will be, and whether or not it will be faster than a ludicrous Model S.

Curtish8892

Well if you'r going to compete against BMW's 3 series you need to have a Ludicrous option to attract the M3 buyers. Or at least make them jealous.

I also think most people dream of having a M3 but can never afford it and will settle with the model that looks like the M3.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's a change in the battery contactors along with the main fuses and perhaps some electronics. It's possible but it's expensive.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK but if they do a car under 4.0 sec for half the price of the Model S then what would be the point of buying a model S?
1) Hatchback
2) Space
3) [there will be new things that will make it worth it.] [added a few minutes later, FOR THE S and/or X]

Last edited:

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
True, true still not worth half the cost of a full equip M3 if you ask me but yah true...
Did you meant new things on model S?
Yes... New things on S and X platform to differentiate it from 3.

Similar to how newer tech is previewed on BMW 7 series and it makes its way down to 5 or 3 series...

Blackout

Country
Country
Yes... New things on S and X platform to differentiate it from 3.

Similar to how newer tech is previewed on BMW 7 series and it makes its way down to 5 or 3 series...
Hmm interesting... Yah that would make sense because they'll need to justify such a gap in the price...
For another car manufacture I would not doubt this but for Tesla, I find it but too much to implement major changes to improve the S and X in the mist of releasing soo many M3... But they'll probably update newer model S and X with their new autopilot sensors down the line so maybe then they'll add other features not included in the 3 to differentiate them...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for myself, looking at a car with a base $35k price, I can not imagine the ROI on Ludicrous. I am sure there are some looking to make their 3 price out above a standard S/X and have it really kickass, but there are a lot of features I would want well before the cost of Ludicrous Mode.
For example, on the S, going from the standard RWD $71,500 base to Ludicrous the price increases $48,000 for a total of $119,500 before any other option is added. A 67.1% increase.
Using that same percentage on the $35k base, would put a PxxD Ludicrous Model 3 at $59,320, $24,320 above the base.... But it seems the general consensus on add-on prices will be about 75% of the existing model's add-on prices, which would be an add of $35,520 making the price $70,520... plus some upgraded paint, leather, interior, wheels, roof, AP, SC, etc and it is above $80k.
I'd rather have the other upgrades, not be the quickest off the line and pay in the mid $40s

HanSolo

My guess is 0-60 in 4.0 - 4.3. If EM can rightfully call it insane mode, it better live up to it's name. I will pass though as efficiency and range are my goals.

I live in a major metropolitan area. I feel really lucky if I get to drive my car faster than 45 MPH. Having Ludicrous Mode will not benefit me at all. It is a super cool feature for those who have the ability to use it.

Drew

I would love it but I have a feeling it will cost too much. I want glass roof, auto pilot, cold weather package, bigger battery and AWD. Hope that comes close to $45K