Looking for pics of Silver with aero cover removed

Country
Country
I have been narrowing down my color choice (between midnight silver, silver, and white now) and the only color I can't seem to find with the Aero covers removed is the regular silver. Plenty of pics of all the other colors but after looking through both google photos albums I couldn't find 1 picture with silver metallic model 3. Well except the one that shows all the cars with each wheel option but that's CGI. I'm looking for a real picture! If you guys know of any or have a silver model 3 and can post it would be much appreciated! :)

Country
Country
Yay thanks Melinda! That looks pretty good. So torn between the regular silver and the midnight silver. My wife thinks the midnight silver is "boring"...I think it looks awesome. She likes the regular silver though so maybe the regular silver is a good compromise...? Or I could just ignore her opinion and get what I want! :)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Yay thanks Melinda! That looks pretty good. So torn between the regular silver and the midnight silver. My wife thinks the midnight silver is "boring"...I think it looks awesome. She likes the regular silver though so maybe the regular silver is a good compromise...? Or I could just ignore her opinion and get what I want! :)
This may be surprising some (look at my tag name under the avatar :D) yet I do feel Silver can grow on you... with the right wheels.

With regards to your ultimate color choice relative to your wife’s preference, that is a decision only you can take as you know her best.

I know I wouldn’t get a color my wifey doesn’t care for... even for my car... fortunately she does like Midnight Silver... :D

Country
Country
So silver is nice and has advantages...will not show dirt, scratches and swirls as bad. Cooler in the summer. It's just that the midnight silver with the Aeros looks the best in my eyes. I really like the silver with the 19" sport wheels though. That combo is sharp but living in Chicago I need the 18" wheels.

So what I may do is if I get the silver to keep the wife happy and use the aeros for winter tires and swap the stock tires onto a set of TSportline 18" turbine style wheels shown here: https://tsportline.com/collections/18-tesla-wheels-model-3

Or...maybe white. Ugh....it's such a tough choice!

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm leaning Metallic Silver pretty hard myself.... love the blue too, but just don't think I want to commit to the dark color issues and maintenance. The silver just really glows on the 3 and shows off it's curves well.

I also agree with your wife, Midnight Silver looks great under those showroom lights, but on the road it is / will be boring. Found this MS 3 searching on Google..... Powder Coated sport wheels with blacked out trim by the looks of it. ;)

And another 18" turbine style option here: https://evwheeldirect.com/products/evt-wheel-for-tesla-model-3-18-inch

lndfcj0vpwrz.jpg

theonlysamiam

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I'm leaning Metallic Silver pretty hard myself.... love the blue too, but just don't think I want to commit to the dark color issues and maintenance. The silver just really glows on the 3 and shows off it's curves well.

I also agree with your wife, Midnight Silver looks great under those showroom lights, but on the road it is / will be boring. Found this MS 3 searching on Google..... Powder Coated sport wheels with blacked out trim by the looks of it. ;)

And another 18" turbine style option here: https://evwheeldirect.com/products/evt-wheel-for-tesla-model-3-18-inch

View attachment 6309
The blacked out trim looks nice!! I'm learning toward the Metallic Silver as well, glad to see a couple pictures of it

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the Tesla silver looks a little plain grayish. It is not as metallic and sparkling as BMW or Audi silver. It's not bad, but not for me. Reminds me more of the old silver gray shades (over 20 years ago) that I did not like. Midnight silver metallic is a little boring to me. It is a very classy look and does look good, but not as sharp as some other colors. I'm getting white because I think it looks sharper then the silver and I am tired of dark colors showing every little scratch and chip. Blue and black look sharp, but dark colors. Red looks awesome, but a little to flashy for me.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the Tesla silver looks a little plain grayish. It is not as metallic and sparkling as BMW or Audi silver.
See, this is exactly why everyone doesn't drive the same color... I think the Tesla Silver Metallic is MORE metallic and metal-like than most brands I see on the road (in the right light of course).

I also think it just suits the Model 3 body well. No doubt the White looks good too, but I need a change, 2 of 3 last vehicles were/are white including the wife's SUV.

Pics I took stalking 3's in Fremont last fall. :)

Attachments

Country
Country
Here you go (source credit, this album has a ton of pics):

These are nice pics. I posted some pics of my silver model 3 that I just receive a couple days ago here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YVeix3EWS1edSXW72 But those are with the caps on. I will have the lug nut covers and center caps in I guess a month or so when they come back in stock. I wasn't sure how much I'd like the aero covers but they've really grown on me. It's nice to be able to have both looks though!

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went with the silver and 18" aero wheels. Configured today, these pictures really helped.
Congrats! Another sleek and stealthy silver to join the fold! ;) What's your ETA in Canada for delivery?

JohnMon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats! Another sleek and stealthy silver to join the fold! ;) What's your ETA in Canada for delivery?
Thanks Maevra. The configurator said 4 - 8 weeks, but there's talk of Tesla blitzing the Southern Ontario deliveries with a massive shipment for delivery first two weeks of June. I don't know if I would fall into that group, but sure hope so as I'm giving up AWD to get an early delivery (to get a chance at a possibly disappearing rebate).

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks Maevra. The configurator said 4 - 8 weeks, but there's talk of Tesla blitzing the Southern Ontario deliveries with a massive shipment for delivery first two weeks of June. I don't know if I would fall into that group, but sure hope so as I'm giving up AWD to get an early delivery (to get a chance at a possibly disappearing rebate).
Nice, well, crossing fingers you get it before the rebate ends!