Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster from Los Angeles

Country
Country
Hey everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster here! I first fell hard for Tesla a few years back, and then doubled down after reading Tim Urban's fantastic four-part series on Elon Musk. Since March 31, 2016, I've been anxiously biding my time, and splitting it between Electrek, Teslarati, /r/teslamotors, TMC, and here!

Like many of you I'm sure, I read several hours of tech news a day. Over the past several years, I've grown accustomed to info-dumping all of my daily knowledge to my girlfriend every evening. And she humors me because she loves me (thankfully), but over Thanksgiving I decided I needed to do something a little more productive with my fandom. So I started a podcast!

Each week I talk about recent news in the tech world, which more often than not includes Tesla. I hope to use it as an outlet to engage with a community I've really come to enjoy and identify with.

(And it also spares my Mom from having to hear about yesterday's Q4 financial results.)

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Over the past several years, I've grown accustomed to info-dumping all of my daily knowledge to my girlfriend every evening. And she humors me because she loves me (thankfully), but over Thanksgiving I decided I needed to do something a little more productive with my fandom. So I started a podcast!
Welcome!

So let me get this straight...your girlfriend lets you geek out on her EVERY night and she is STILL with you?!?!?:runner:

You better hurry up and put a ring on that one so she’s LEGALLY required to stay!:D

Country
Country
Welcome!

So let me get this straight...your girlfriend lets you geek out on her EVERY night and she is STILL with you?!?!?:runner:

You better hurry up and put a ring on that one so she’s LEGALLY required to stay!:D
You couldn't be more right. :)

Last year, she even went with me to hunt Model 3s around SpaceX, and was my trusty co-pilot as we chased after one on a nearby stretch of highway! (We couldn't keep up - that thing accelerates FAST!) She's the opposite of me in every way when it comes to technology; left to her own devices (or lack thereof), she'd do nothing but write, read books, and meditate. But for some strange reason, she loves this mile-a-minute, tech-obsessed weirdo a whole lot. And I think she's finaaaaaaally coming around to the Amazon Echo I setup in her kitchen... Baby steps...

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
welcome! It's funny you and I have had a similar experience with the Tesla obsession... er, I mean interest. ;-) My wife has pretty much had it with me talking about the Model 3 every day. Yesterday I came home from work and was like, "oh there was some great news about the Model 3 windshield wipers!" and her immediately response was rolling her eyes and making a sarcastic comment to our one year old. :p I gave her a hard time about it, but in the end she really did want to hear about it, and I got to tell her the great news. :p Like your girlfriend, my wife wasn't much of a techie, but since she's met me she started a blog, can't live without the latest and greatest android phone, talks to "Alexa" daily and just last week got a smartwatch! :openmouth: Kinda crazy that she has more technology than I do.

Country
Country
welcome! It's funny you and I have had a similar experience with the Tesla obsession... er, I mean interest. ;-) My wife has pretty much had it with me talking about the Model 3 every day. Yesterday I came home from work and was like, "oh there was some great news about the Model 3 windshield wipers!" and her immediately response was rolling her eyes and making a sarcastic comment to our one year old. :p I gave her a hard time about it, but in the end she really did want to hear about it, and I got to tell her the great news. :p Like your girlfriend, my wife wasn't much of a techie, but since she's met me she started a blog, can't live without the latest and greatest android phone, talks to "Alexa" daily and just last week got a smartwatch! :openmouth: Kinda crazy that she has more technology than I do.
We're pretty lucky, aren't we? :)

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you've got PS4 and play either Battlefront 2 or Fortnite, hit me up!
hah, unfortunately I don't have a PS4. The last video game systems i got was an Xbox 360 (not counting my Nintendo mini classic), so it's been awhile. :p I actually play a star wars game on my phone and it's a huge time suck, so my wife gets pretty P.O'd. Oh well...

Country
Country
hah, unfortunately I don't have a PS4. The last video game systems i got was an Xbox 360 (not counting my Nintendo mini classic), so it's been awhile. :p I actually play a star wars game on my phone and it's a huge time suck, so my wife gets pretty P.O'd. Oh well...
Wasn't able to get an NES Classic, but I snagged an SNES Classic and I loooooove it.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wasn't able to get an NES Classic, but I snagged an SNES Classic and I loooooove it.
yea, the wife actually surprised me with the NES classic out of no where. I was pretty shocked. Was going to sell it and make a few bucks cause they were sold out everywhere, but she wanted to play mario. So yea, we played for like a half hour and it's been collecting dust since.