Long-term parking at or near Dorval airport in Montreal

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am planning to go on a 7-day trip and will be flying from Dorval airport in Montreal. I was planning to drive our model 3 from Ottawa and leave it on one of the FlyNFly parkings new the airport. Unfortunately with the current super-low temperatures we are having (-20 to -25 Celsius / -5 to -13 F) we may be out of juice after we come back. I tested the battery drain last night and at -25C Model 3 drains approximately 2.5 km per hour. So if the car is left without any connection for 7 days this translates to 420km (260 miles) lo. This, I am sure, will drain the battery dead. I figure that even a 120V trickle charge will work to maintain the battery.

I contacted Dorval's FlyNFly parking office and found out they don't offer any parking spots with plugs. They indicated that there is no demand for this kind of service, which I find strange as EV's are quite popular in Quebec and in Montreal.

Does anybody know of another paid long-term parking around Dorval airport where EV's can be plugged in?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I parked my LR AWD Model 3 in the Aeroparc A1 lot over the Christmas period for 24 days, I left it there with 79% charge and when I arrived back it had around 40% charge, so it lost less than 2% per day.

Although it was a little warmer over the Christmas period than it is now. I didn't find any good other options for leaving the car at the airport.

The only charging available is in the short-term parking lot: https://www.admtl.com/en/access/parking/electric-vehicles

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I parked my LR AWD Model 3 in the Aeroparc A1 lot over the Christmas period for 24 days, I left it there with 79% charge and when I arrived back it had around 40% charge, so it lost less than 2% per day.

Although it was a little warmer over the Christmas period than it is now. I didn't find any good other options for leaving the car at the airport.

The only charging available is in the short-term parking lot: https://www.admtl.com/en/access/parking/electric-vehicles
Interesting… as I mentioned I am noticing quite a battery drain with these low temperatures. I am curious if you did something with your M3 settings to limit your loss to 2% per day?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The only thing I did, in particular, was turn off TeslaFi polling the car and I avoided checking the Tesla app on my phone to avoid waking the vehicle.