Long-term parking at or near Dorval airport in Montreal

• JOIN @TREVP AND SOME T.O.O. CREW FOR THE FIRST EVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT AT BASECAMP MIAMI!
    THE LARGEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT ON THE EAST COAST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8th!
    Full details and RSVP here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am planning to go on a 7-day trip and will be flying from Dorval airport in Montreal. I was planning to drive our model 3 from Ottawa and leave it on one of the FlyNFly parkings new the airport. Unfortunately with the current super-low temperatures we are having (-20 to -25 Celsius / -5 to -13 F) we may be out of juice after we come back. I tested the battery drain last night and at -25C Model 3 drains approximately 2.5 km per hour. So if the car is left without any connection for 7 days this translates to 420km (260 miles) lo. This, I am sure, will drain the battery dead. I figure that even a 120V trickle charge will work to maintain the battery.

I contacted Dorval's FlyNFly parking office and found out they don't offer any parking spots with plugs. They indicated that there is no demand for this kind of service, which I find strange as EV's are quite popular in Quebec and in Montreal.

Does anybody know of another paid long-term parking around Dorval airport where EV's can be plugged in?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I parked my LR AWD Model 3 in the Aeroparc A1 lot over the Christmas period for 24 days, I left it there with 79% charge and when I arrived back it had around 40% charge, so it lost less than 2% per day.

Although it was a little warmer over the Christmas period than it is now. I didn't find any good other options for leaving the car at the airport.

The only charging available is in the short-term parking lot: https://www.admtl.com/en/access/parking/electric-vehicles

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I parked my LR AWD Model 3 in the Aeroparc A1 lot over the Christmas period for 24 days, I left it there with 79% charge and when I arrived back it had around 40% charge, so it lost less than 2% per day.

Although it was a little warmer over the Christmas period than it is now. I didn't find any good other options for leaving the car at the airport.

The only charging available is in the short-term parking lot: https://www.admtl.com/en/access/parking/electric-vehicles
Interesting… as I mentioned I am noticing quite a battery drain with these low temperatures. I am curious if you did something with your M3 settings to limit your loss to 2% per day?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The only thing I did, in particular, was turn off TeslaFi polling the car and I avoided checking the Tesla app on my phone to avoid waking the vehicle.