Long Island Delivery 9/26/18 - These EOQ Blitzes Need to Stop!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I picked up my Model 3s last night. Dual Motor non-Performance, White Interior, 18". One Blue, One Black.

TLDR:
The Model 3 is a dream to drive and the Non-P Dual Motor is more than fast enough. Those still waiting need to be patient because it's worth it. Blah Blah Blah.

The EOQ Blitzes completely overwhelm the logistics and staff and give new owners a really bad first impression. Tesla Has been making cars for 10 years now. Stop the EOQ blitz and just produce a steady volume so the staff can handle it and Tesla can give the awesome delivery experience that customers want (without reschedules, missed promises, rushed delivery, etc)

I consider myself a patient person and I give Tesla a lot of slack because I understand that I'm an early adopter and that Tesla is a new company and having growing pains. That being said, the last 2 weeks has not been ideal and doesn't give new Tesla owners a warm, fuzzy feeling. If Tesla can improve on this first impression moment, it can easily become the most dominant car manufacturer in the world.

I placed my orders day 1 after reveal. I dutifully followed the tweets and participated in the forums. I deferred my invites waiting for dual motor then changed my configs to add white interior when they became available. End of August, I uploaded my trade in info when asked to and I was contacted by a live IDA 2 weeks ago.

Tuesday, the day before scheduled delivery, one of my cars was still in transport and I was called by 4 different people from Tesla. First call was a cancellation of the delivery. Second call was another cancellation of the delivery. Third call was another cancellation of the delivery but when I started getting irritated, that person was EXCEEDINGLY helpful and located a similar config that was also in transport but closer to me and reassigned me a new VIN with the understanding that it still may not get here on time. The 4th call was my previously assigned IDA to confirm that my delivery was cancelled because she had no idea that I was reassigned a new VIN and could still possibly get the car in time.

The trade in teams are overloaded and I was told a low trade in value by my IDA but I never actually had a quote in my account until earlier this week. I had driven 2 hours each way to CarMax to get their quote which was about 10% more and submitted it to my IDA but none of the numbers on the site were accurate until 2 days before delivery after I sent the IDA multiple reminders. Also, the financed amount on the MVPA was incorrect and I didn't get the correct document until 4 hours before delivery leaving very little time to go to the CU to get the check. REMINDER: CHECK PAYABLE TO TESLA MOTORS, INC.

The Long Island delivery experience has changed completely and I'm not sure if this is only for EOQ but anyone who has been to Americana Mall in Manhasset knows that the parking lot is cramped and has nowhere near the space to do significant delivery volumes. Upon showing up to the Manhasset store, the financials person brings you the papers to sign to make everything official and DMV papers for trade in and registration. Then, we board a van to be driven 15 minutes to Syosset where there are hundreds of Teslas in a parking lot behind an office building with a small tent and trailer set up for employees.

I didn't get to the parking lot/delivery area until 7pm and the lot is PITCH BLACK. It was absolutely impossible to do any meaningful inspection of the vehicle which is just as well because I think people ruin their delivery if they focus too much on the inspection right away. I was told that one of my cars was still being prepped because it literally arrived hours earlier in the day. I accepted an orientation from the DA (so my wife could get the experience) but it was mostly about setting up the driver profile and using the app. After he left, I had to help her set up the Easy Driver Entry, home/work nav settings, show her the HVAC, music, and wipers. Honestly, if I wasn't there to teach my wife, she would be lost. This is likely where owner-volunteers would best be able to supplement the DAs during delivery.

My other car arrived soon after and the plates were installed on the car. The DA apologized because it only had about 130 mi of range and they usually like to charge to about 200+ mi before delivery. I was just happy that the car was finally mine.

No diecast models for me. My delivery location ran out of them a few months ago. This is another messed up execution of an Elon promise but it's not a dealbreaker.

Driving-wise, the Non-P Dual Motor is plenty fast for me. Faster than my 75D Model X. Handling is much more sporty and firmer than the air suspension Model X. Not uncomfortably firm but definitely the car feels more nimble than the S/X siblings. The car handles like it's on rails and goes exactly in the direction that you steer. I would argue that the S/X handle like BMW 7 series and the 3 handles like the BMW 3 series. Each style suits a different type of driver.

My waiting journey is finished! Let the fun and enjoyment begin!!!!!

20180927_102356-jpg.15142

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Beautiful car!!

I’m curious how things will go for us tomorrow. I could tell over the phone they’re absolutely pushed to the limit here locally.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I picked my car up in Manhasset and they had it parked in front of the store waiting for me (while charging). Crazy to hear that there is a huge parking lot full of M3s 15 mins away now.

BTW I took delivery in August and I also didn't get a diecast model...

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I picked up my Model 3s last night. Dual Motor non-Performance, White Interior, 18". One Blue, One Black.

TLDR:
The Model 3 is a dream to drive and the Non-P Dual Motor is more than fast enough. Those still waiting need to be patient because it's worth it. Blah Blah Blah.

The EOQ Blitzes completely overwhelm the logistics and staff and give new owners a really bad first impression. Tesla Has been making cars for 10 years now. Stop the EOQ blitz and just produce a steady volume so the staff can handle it and Tesla can give the awesome delivery experience that customers want (without reschedules, missed promises, rushed delivery, etc)

I consider myself a patient person and I give Tesla a lot of slack because I understand that I'm an early adopter and that Tesla is a new company and having growing pains. That being said, the last 2 weeks has not been ideal and doesn't give new Tesla owners a warm, fuzzy feeling. If Tesla can improve on this first impression moment, it can easily become the most dominant car manufacturer in the world.

I placed my orders day 1 after reveal. I dutifully followed the tweets and participated in the forums. I deferred my invites waiting for dual motor then changed my configs to add white interior when they became available. End of August, I uploaded my trade in info when asked to and I was contacted by a live IDA 2 weeks ago.

Tuesday, the day before scheduled delivery, one of my cars was still in transport and I was called by 4 different people from Tesla. First call was a cancellation of the delivery. Second call was another cancellation of the delivery. Third call was another cancellation of the delivery but when I started getting irritated, that person was EXCEEDINGLY helpful and located a similar config that was also in transport but closer to me and reassigned me a new VIN with the understanding that it still may not get here on time. The 4th call was my previously assigned IDA to confirm that my delivery was cancelled because she had no idea that I was reassigned a new VIN and could still possibly get the car in time.

The trade in teams are overloaded and I was told a low trade in value by my IDA but I never actually had a quote in my account until earlier this week. I had driven 2 hours each way to CarMax to get their quote which was about 10% more and submitted it to my IDA but none of the numbers on the site were accurate until 2 days before delivery after I sent the IDA multiple reminders. Also, the financed amount on the MVPA was incorrect and I didn't get the correct document until 4 hours before delivery leaving very little time to go to the CU to get the check. REMINDER: CHECK PAYABLE TO TESLA MOTORS, INC.

The Long Island delivery experience has changed completely and I'm not sure if this is only for EOQ but anyone who has been to Americana Mall in Manhasset knows that the parking lot is cramped and has nowhere near the space to do significant delivery volumes. Upon showing up to the Manhasset store, the financials person brings you the papers to sign to make everything official and DMV papers for trade in and registration. Then, we board a van to be driven 15 minutes to Syosset where there are hundreds of Teslas in a parking lot behind an office building with a small tent and trailer set up for employees.

I didn't get to the parking lot/delivery area until 7pm and the lot is PITCH BLACK. It was absolutely impossible to do any meaningful inspection of the vehicle which is just as well because I think people ruin their delivery if they focus too much on the inspection right away. I was told that one of my cars was still being prepped because it literally arrived hours earlier in the day. I accepted an orientation from the DA (so my wife could get the experience) but it was mostly about setting up the driver profile and using the app. After he left, I had to help her set up the Easy Driver Entry, home/work nav settings, show her the HVAC, music, and wipers. Honestly, if I wasn't there to teach my wife, she would be lost. This is likely where owner-volunteers would best be able to supplement the DAs during delivery.

My other car arrived soon after and the plates were installed on the car. The DA apologized because it only had about 130 mi of range and they usually like to charge to about 200+ mi before delivery. I was just happy that the car was finally mine.

No diecast models for me. My delivery location ran out of them a few months ago. This is another messed up execution of an Elon promise but it's not a dealbreaker.

Driving-wise, the Non-P Dual Motor is plenty fast for me. Faster than my 75D Model X. Handling is much more sporty and firmer than the air suspension Model X. Not uncomfortably firm but definitely the car feels more nimble than the S/X siblings. The car handles like it's on rails and goes exactly in the direction that you steer. I would argue that the S/X handle like BMW 7 series and the 3 handles like the BMW 3 series. Each style suits a different type of driver.

My waiting journey is finished! Let the fun and enjoyment begin!!!!!

View attachment 15142
Congrats! I am glad to see you have finally taken delivery. It's been a long wait! Enjoy!

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Thanks for the well wishes. With 45 mi on the odometer, I was on my way home tonight and I got this message.... sigh.

Hopefully the 2 button reset works but Tesla really needs to work the bugs out if they want to sell successfully to the mainstream....

20180927_182227-jpg.15174

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Quick update.

Took delivery Wednesday night
Got the vehicle power alert Thursday. Reboot seems to have worked.
Thursday I wanted to stop by SvC for them to check logs and make sure bricking was not impeding. Warning sign flashed again on the way to SvC.
Now I have a S P85D loaner while they do diagnostics.

Sigh....Less than 100 mi on the odometer.

I can’t help but feel that this is somehow related to the EOQ push and QC is falling through the cracks a little. On the plus side, body and finish seems very good. If I wanted to be ultra picky and use calipers, I’m sure there is a mm or 2 that could have been better but the panel fit is much better than the my X built 4/17. I haven’t checked out the wife’s Model 3 in high detail but she’s super happy and doesn’t report any error messages.