Lifetime Supercharging for P3D Buyers SNAFU Good News

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Oyster Bait

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am in the group of end of Q3 buyers that ordered a P3D with a referral code before 9/16 and got delivery by 9/30 but still have "Pay per use" for my Supercharger status.

I have good news.

A couple weeks ago, I asked the obvious question on my account page and on 10/14 got an answer from Tesla Support with the hopeful paragraph:

"We are currently in the process of converting all applicable accounts to the Unlimited Supercharging. Please allow up to two weeks for the process to be completed."

Also, on 10/10, I Supercharged my P3D+ and was charged some $12 and change. Today I got a notice from my credit card company that I received a credit from Tesla for the precise amount of that charge.

Sometimes it pays to complain politely and wait patiently.

Cheers

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am in the group of end of Q3 buyers that ordered a P3D with a referral code before 9/16 and got delivery by 9/30 but still have "Pay per use" for my Supercharger status.
I was the very first non-employee in the whole world to order a P3D.
My supercharger status also still says "pay per use".

Tesla isn't very punctual. I'm not worried. :cool:

Oyster Bait

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Hah, that's interesting. When did you give them your owner referral? Did they ever acknowledge the referral? How? This is all academic at this point, of course, but I'm curious. The Account web site seems fairly impervious to any inputs of real world information after the initial order is entered, from my experience.

Do you have any Supercharger charges that you have been charged for that have gone through your credit card company and that you have paid?

For me, the good news is that eventually the company seems to catch up.

Mayhem

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S

Same. Ordered in Q2, took delivery in Q3 and still have PPU supercharging in Tesla account. Never been charged for SC use.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hah, that's interesting. When did you give them your owner referral?
Tesla originally didn't allow referrals for any Model 3 purchases. When they started accepting them, I asked if I could add a referral to my order, and they said no. But they told those of us who placed orders before they accepted referrals that we would automatically get free lifetime unlimited supercharging.

Do you have any Supercharger charges that you have been charged for that have gone through your credit card company and that you have paid?
I supercharged once just to try it out and confirm that it works. I never saw a charge on my Tesla account.

I'm planning a roadtrip in a couple weeks that will require a few supercharging stops. We'll see if that results in any charges.

Jrich703

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Fwiw: on my account page on telsa's site my car is still marked pay per use, I did charge at a supercharger on tuesday but since I haven't a credit card on file they have no way to bill me.
So maybe I should just remove my credit card and they will stop charging me until they update my account -- have used about $97 worth of Supercharging thus far... :mad:

msjulie

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So maybe I should just remove my credit card and they will stop charging me until they update my account -- have used about $97 worth of Supercharging thus far... :mad:
This is what Tesla told me to do when we sold a non-free-supercharging car when I was concerned the new owner's charges might be on my account. No problems, no charges showing up, SC works fine..