License Plate Holder

byee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was a bit disappointed to see how flimsy the license plate screw holes were for the back plates. Went to switch out the Model 3 plastic frame for a metal one and as I was just barely tightening the screws it popped the little anchors right out of the trunk. Pushed them back in but noticed they weren’t very tight to begin with. Seems like using anything besides a very lightweight/thin plastic frame would put you at risk of loosing your plates from a strong jolt when closing the trunk. Anyone else notice this? Thinking this could be an easy fix by putting some stronger/tighter fitting anchors for the plate holder.

I just picked up my car last Friday, so believe I have a newer model so would be interested to see others had the issue or if newer builds are any different.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took my bracket off to wrap it and didn't notice any issue. I'll put it back on Monday when I put on my real plate (instead of temp) to get state inspection and will comment if I notice any issue.

byee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my plates today and tried putting them on using a frame from where I graduated and out popped the anchors! Took a pic for those who haven't seen them. Surprised there's nothing more permanent to keep them in, just an ever so slightly angled slope to the peg.

e60aee54-e156-406d-8555-f2f285214863-jpeg.12315
fd813ecf-c325-4c80-81a4-8c0f5496610c-jpeg.12316