Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
As base config or an option ?
And any price range that might be ?
Anyone knows this ?
Gilberto, boa noite!
As much as I'd love to have leather seats as standard, I am afraid checking the Design Store for Model S brings us back to earth very quickly... Note that this is for Belgium so not sure how different prices would be in Portugal...
Base is textile. Leather on MS costs €2800 so with luck we may be able to see it €2000-2200 on Model ≡... but the latter results from my natural optimism... :)
By the way, I observe the cost of an all glass roof on MS is €1700 which relates to $1500 referred to in the US... yet here all these prices are incl. VAT ...
Hope this answers your question...
All the best!
Mike

Last edited:

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Base will be textile or something close to that. If you can, check out the textile seats on a Model S. They're very nice and nothing like the usual cloth seats you'd find in other cars.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Base will be textile or something close to that. If you can, check out the textile seats on a Model S. They're very nice and nothing like the usual cloth seats you'd find in other cars.
Thanks... I wonder how many cars they sell like that though, Trev?...

Gilberto Pe-Curto

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Gilberto, boa noite!
As much as I'd love to have leather seats as standard, I am afraid checking the Design Store for Model S brings us back to earth very quickly... Note that this is for Belgium so not sure how different prices would be in Portugal...
Base is textile. Leather on MS costs €2800 so with luck we may be able to see it €2000-2200 on Model ≡... but the latter results from my natural optimism... :)
By the way, I observe the cost of an all glass roof on MS is €1700 which relates to $1500 referred to in the US... yet here all these prices are incl. VAT ...
Hope this answers your question...
All the best!
Mike
Bon nuit Michael.
Yes it answers.
Merci Beaucoup.

Do you know, or ever seen and touch the Tesla textile seats to see how good they are ?

I've seen Trev's answer on this...
There is no Tesla store around here.
I'll try to check that online...
Tks to all

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Bon nuit Michael.
Yes it answers.
Merci Beaucoup.

Do you know, or ever seen and touch the Tesla textile seats to see how good they are ?
No, my Portuguese friend... yet will do next time I have a chance to swing by a T≡SLA Store... Which is likely to be at the Houston, TX, Galleria mall on Saturday!!! Won't have the time to got to Brussels Store be4 I fly out on Wednesday!!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bon nuit Michael.
Yes it answers.
Merci Beaucoup.

I've seen Trev's answer on this...
There is no Tesla store around here.
I'll try to check that online...
Tks to all
On YouTube, the user KmanAuto has a few videos talking about the fabric seats
I personally think I would be more open to them if they were not half imitation leather

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
On YouTube, the user KmanAuto has a few videos talking about the fabric seats
I personally think I would be more open to them if they were not half imitation leather
Oh... @MelindaV , is that how they feel?! Will check out the YouTube videos yet that can't be a substitute for touch & feel... :)
What would have been nice as standard would have been a leather (on sides only) and alcantara combo, no?
Update: just looked at the one where he turns in his first MS with 80,000 miles on it... See what u mean now, the fake leather, i.e. vinyl on the sides... and center front, right? Yeah, vinyl does suck... :-(

Last edited:

Gilberto Pe-Curto

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Oh... @MelindaV , is that how they feel?! Will check out the YouTube videos yet that can't be a substitute for touch & feel... :)
What would have been nice as standard would have been a leather (on sides only) and alcantara combo, no?
Update: just looked at the one where he turns in his first MS with 80,000 miles on it... See what u mean now, the fake leather, i.e. vinyl on the sides... and center front, right? Yeah, vinyl does suck... :-(
Just checked the KmanAuto video about seats after 80.000

What I did not like to see was how the rubbers on the doors were..
I hope they improve these aspects a lot with the Production Manager they hired from Audi.
I drive an 2010 Audi with 103.000kms last week and the rubbers are new.
And we get 42Cº here in summer...that is not good for these rubbers...I guess

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My preference is perforated polyurethane leather substitute (not vinyl). Real leather is usually coated with vinyl, this is what cracks with age because the vinyl degrades in sunlight. Polyurethane does not stain like leather and wears like iron. The perforations help it 'breath'.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
My preference is perforated polyurethane leather substitute (not vinyl). Real leather is usually coated with vinyl, this is what cracks with age because the vinyl degrades in sunlight. Polyurethane does not stain like leather and wears like iron. The perforations help it 'breath'.
@Badback , interesting... For two reasons :
I did not know real leather had vinyl coat... certainly does not look like that in my X5...
As for perforated PU, who does that?

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Yes,
I confirm.
Best non leather seats I ever had.
Ok... So knowing this, how much would you be prepared to pay for leather seat option if that was the base - which is not established yet... - what if it was the fabric/vinyl combo that seems to be the standard on MS today?
I know I've had leather seats for years now... yet this was on company cars... :)

Gilberto Pe-Curto

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I would pay an extra 1000-1500€ for leather seats...
I don't have a lot budget beyhond the base price for Model3.
And I need to sell my Audi A3 to make money for that

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I would pay an extra 1000-1500€ for leather seats...
I don't have a lot budget beyhond the base price for Model3.
And I need to sell my Audi A3 to make money for that
Makes sense, Gilberto! Am in a similar place... :)

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Just checked the KmanAuto video about seats after 80.000

What I did not like to see was how the rubbers on the doors were..
I hope they improve these aspects a lot with the Production Manager they hired from Audi.
I drive an 2010 Audi with 103.000kms last week and the rubbers are new.
And we get 42Cº here in summer...that is not good for these rubbers...I guess
Keep in mind, Chris (KManAuto) had an early 2013 Model S and he had a lot of problems with his car. Tesla ended up taking it back and he got a new 90D earlier this year. The terms of his exchange are under NDA (I asked him, that's how I know).