Lease up in Dec. of 2019- when should I reserve?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hello everyone, first time posting here. I had a reservation from day 1 but had to cancel because my previous lease ended and there was no way I could hold out that long without a vehicle. So I leased a 2017 STI (because i’m In my 30’s and just had to do it lol) and that lease will be up in December of 2019. When do you think would be the best time to put my deposit down again to make sure I can get a car right around the same time my lease is over? I was thinking in July or so (Since the site keeps saying 12 to 18 months).

I would want basically the car that’s available now, RWD, long range, Premium upgrade, AP.

Also, if I did that and they invite me to configure too early. How far can I kick the can forward on my reservation once I have the invite to configure? Or once invited can I just configure whenever I want without having to wait in line?

Thanks for the help in advanced!

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now. Unless you're sure you just want a Model Y or something. That (should) be a separate reservation list.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
So once you are in you are basically on standby and can jump in whenever you want?!
Well, from where I sit, I don’t exactly know what you mean by ‘jump in whenever you want’... o_O
Yet by reserving now, though in the back of a still long line, there is a very good chance you’d be invited to configure/order during 2H19 and time the delivery according to your needs relative to your end of lease. You may not if you wait until the summer, Model 3 will be supply constrained for a while still... ;)

For how long ? Unwritten rule?
At least 6 months if not longer, AFAIK.