Leaking Charge Port

Rusty

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
We were on vacation last week and had two days of rain. I was charging our Model 3 on both days and got a significant amount of water in the drivers side trunk. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have schedule a service center appointment to fix.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First I've heard of it at all. Hope it is a simple fix and isolated. I know several of our members have no garage and park and charge outside all the time and I've not heard any of them report this.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
We were on vacation last week and had two days of rain. I was charging our Model 3 on both days and got a significant amount of water in the drivers side trunk. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have schedule a service center appointment to fix.
Tesla has a new redesigned locking pawl for the charge port that helps with colder weather, it also has a new drain in it. Perhaps it will help. @Mad Hungarian had his replaced recently.

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla has a new redesigned locking pawl for the charge port that helps with colder weather, it also has a new drain in it. Perhaps it will help. @Mad Hungarian had his replaced recently.
The new 3rd revision charge port wouldn't actually help in this case. It does feature a new small, foam-protected drain on its bottom but it's an open one, meaning the few drops that exit it will dump into the interior housing that covers the whole charge port and HV wiring cluster. However this large orange housing is presumably designed to deal with any type of water entering though the port or surrounding areas and as such has its own much larger drain that exits to the inside of the rear bumper area, see the black hose at the bottom left corner of the cover below:

1564754180083.png

I think your problem is likely to do with this cover or that drain hose.

Last edited: