Lacking proper badging

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We felt the model 3 Lacked the proper badging so we went ahead and did this...
model3decalsetv4-jpg.9293

Another, more subtle, design is...
model333-jpg.9323
(credit: teslarob)
lr3-jpg.9295

I didn't like how TSLA changed the "Model" font for the 3, so I stuck with the 'classic' style used for the S & X. Yes, the "3" on our "Model 3" is the from Halo "3". I went and designed a 'classic' version of that "3" as well(not shown).

Also, we felt that it was cleaner to use a decal instead of the traditional emblem.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Jayc

Country
Country
In my view big noisy engines, big multiple tail pipes, red blue green badges, big grills all belong to the age of the ICE engine. Tesla represents a new era of cars that perform well but without crying out look at me I'm fast. The silent motors , cabin minimalism, along with comfort and performance gives a sense of understated elegance that ICE cars of yesteryear can only dream of having. To me it's a choice between do we remain stuck in the past or move forward in confidence and I would happily pick the latter. In my view, a mix of those opposing views has no meaning.

Anyhow I wish you every success in your venture. There is bound to be interest.

Last edited:
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I do agree that the design of cars will change, however the badging will remain. Although the age of emblems may be over, since it's more efficient to just use a high quality decal vs. a bulky hunk of plastic (aerodynamics), there still is that need to identify the vehicle (as well as the need to distinguish ones vehicle from others).

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I like it a lot and it appears to really pop on that stealth wrapped (I assume) blue Model 3.

Funny enough I would have debadged if it was badged, so I’m not a customer.

I’m sure there will be plenty of interest though!

teslarob

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Funny enough I would have debadged if it was badged, so I’m not a customer.
It's funny, I usually like debadged cars, but I want a badge for my Model 3! Must be because I just want it to be different? Lol.

I like the "correct" font "Model" part, but my personal preference would be the 3 bars after that instead of the number 3, so combining your first and second image: :)
model3decalmod-jpg.9304

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's funny, I usually like debadged cars, but I want a badge for my Model 3! Must be because I just want it to be different? Lol.

I like the "correct" font "Model" part, but my personal preference would be the 3 bars after that instead of the number 3, so combining your first and second image: :)
Everyone wants to be different. That's the beauty of decals, you can basically arrange them to your hearts content ;)
model33-jpg.9310

Last edited:

teslarob

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Do you have somewhere we could see the different color options? I definitely want to get these badges, but can't decide on the color. I'd like something similar to the chrome of the T badges but I don't see any normal chrome option. Might consider black chrome.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Love the color, would like to see some pics from the side and front. Although I really like the fact that the car comes without any badging and I'm not a fan of most aftermarket badges, I will admit yours looks very classy. I like the 3 bars the most, very clean.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Do you have somewhere we could see the different color options? I definitely want to get these badges, but can't decide on the color. I'd like something similar to the chrome of the T badges but I don't see any normal chrome option. Might consider black chrome.
We spend a good amount of time performing chrome delete on cars, so we really haven't thought about offering the choice of chrome :) but I went ahead and added the option as it would like great on a black car.

Love the color, would like to see some pics from the side and front. Although I really like the fact that the car comes without any badging and I'm not a fan of most aftermarket badges, I will admit yours looks very classy. I like the 3 bars the most, very clean.
Here you go -

teslarob

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We spend a good amount of time performing chrome delete on cars, so we really haven't thought about offering the choice of chrome :) but I went ahead and added the option as it would like great on a black car.
Awesome, thanks! To clarify, the "h3" option is the large one, and the "classic 3" is the 3 bars? Just want to make sure I get the one I want :)

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Here you go - View attachment 9321 View attachment 9322
Hmm, that makes me really like the blue, but not interested in the cost for a full wrap.
Love the wheels! That is exactly what I am planning for my wheels.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Here you go - View attachment 9321 View attachment 9322
Thanks for posting the pics, that REALLY looks great with that color combo! I love the way that blue shows off the lines of the car.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We really liked how clean the custom decals look on the Model 3 vs. bulky plastic emblems. We liked it so much that we decided to remove the OEM emblems on this Model S, in favor of our custom logo decals.

models-jpg.9443

img_5514-jpg.9444

Needless to say, this will be making it's way onto a Model X very soon!