Lacking proper badging

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We felt the model 3 Lacked the proper badging so we went ahead and did this...
model3decalsetv4-jpg.9293

Another, more subtle, design is...
model333-jpg.9323
(credit: teslarob)
lr3-jpg.9295

I didn't like how TSLA changed the "Model" font for the 3, so I stuck with the 'classic' style used for the S & X. Yes, the "3" on our "Model 3" is the from Halo "3". I went and designed a 'classic' version of that "3" as well(not shown).

Also, we felt that it was cleaner to use a decal instead of the traditional emblem.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Jayc

Country
Country
In my view big noisy engines, big multiple tail pipes, red blue green badges, big grills all belong to the age of the ICE engine. Tesla represents a new era of cars that perform well but without crying out look at me I'm fast. The silent motors , cabin minimalism, along with comfort and performance gives a sense of understated elegance that ICE cars of yesteryear can only dream of having. To me it's a choice between do we remain stuck in the past or move forward in confidence and I would happily pick the latter. In my view, a mix of those opposing views has no meaning.

Anyhow I wish you every success in your venture. There is bound to be interest.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I do agree that the design of cars will change, however the badging will remain. Although the age of emblems may be over, since it's more efficient to just use a high quality decal vs. a bulky hunk of plastic (aerodynamics), there still is that need to identify the vehicle (as well as the need to distinguish ones vehicle from others).

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like it a lot and it appears to really pop on that stealth wrapped (I assume) blue Model 3.

Funny enough I would have debadged if it was badged, so I’m not a customer.

I’m sure there will be plenty of interest though!

teslarob

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Funny enough I would have debadged if it was badged, so I’m not a customer.
It's funny, I usually like debadged cars, but I want a badge for my Model 3! Must be because I just want it to be different? Lol.

I like the "correct" font "Model" part, but my personal preference would be the 3 bars after that instead of the number 3, so combining your first and second image: :)
model3decalmod-jpg.9304

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's funny, I usually like debadged cars, but I want a badge for my Model 3! Must be because I just want it to be different? Lol.

I like the "correct" font "Model" part, but my personal preference would be the 3 bars after that instead of the number 3, so combining your first and second image: :)
Everyone wants to be different. That's the beauty of decals, you can basically arrange them to your hearts content ;)
model33-jpg.9310

Last edited:

teslarob

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you have somewhere we could see the different color options? I definitely want to get these badges, but can't decide on the color. I'd like something similar to the chrome of the T badges but I don't see any normal chrome option. Might consider black chrome.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Love the color, would like to see some pics from the side and front. Although I really like the fact that the car comes without any badging and I'm not a fan of most aftermarket badges, I will admit yours looks very classy. I like the 3 bars the most, very clean.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you have somewhere we could see the different color options? I definitely want to get these badges, but can't decide on the color. I'd like something similar to the chrome of the T badges but I don't see any normal chrome option. Might consider black chrome.
We spend a good amount of time performing chrome delete on cars, so we really haven't thought about offering the choice of chrome :) but I went ahead and added the option as it would like great on a black car.

Love the color, would like to see some pics from the side and front. Although I really like the fact that the car comes without any badging and I'm not a fan of most aftermarket badges, I will admit yours looks very classy. I like the 3 bars the most, very clean.
Here you go -

teslarob

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We spend a good amount of time performing chrome delete on cars, so we really haven't thought about offering the choice of chrome :) but I went ahead and added the option as it would like great on a black car.
Awesome, thanks! To clarify, the "h3" option is the large one, and the "classic 3" is the 3 bars? Just want to make sure I get the one I want :)

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Here you go - View attachment 9321 View attachment 9322
Hmm, that makes me really like the blue, but not interested in the cost for a full wrap.
Love the wheels! That is exactly what I am planning for my wheels.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Here you go - View attachment 9321 View attachment 9322
Thanks for posting the pics, that REALLY looks great with that color combo! I love the way that blue shows off the lines of the car.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We really liked how clean the custom decals look on the Model 3 vs. bulky plastic emblems. We liked it so much that we decided to remove the OEM emblems on this Model S, in favor of our custom logo decals.

models-jpg.9443

img_5514-jpg.9444

Needless to say, this will be making it's way onto a Model X very soon!