Lack of Production

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjp462

Country
Country
Why is it a car company who has been in business for 14 years does not know how to build a car?

They have been planning this car for years and can't even make 10k in 6 months.

I'm not sure what I'm missing? Seems pretty crazy to me. I've been as patient as possible but at some point we need to ask; "WTF?"

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pretty simple really ... this is only the third car they have built from scratch and the only car in volume production. Also, this car requires maximum automation in the production process to maintain low cost for the consumer. Once all the gears are turning properly they’ll produce more Model 3’s in 2018 then they have produced as a company in their lifetime.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Why is it a car company who has been in business for 14 years does not know how to build a car?

They have been planning this car for years and can't even make 10k in 6 months.

I'm not sure what I'm missing? Seems pretty crazy to me. I've been as patient as possible but at some point we need to ask; "WTF?"
Not sure what you’re missing either except this is a whole new model with new challenges. They may have been in existence for a while yet what they’re attempting now they have not done before. There have been some bumps along the way yet recent signs indicate progress towards accelerated output.

We are all impatient yet please do remember that when you do get your car (when did you reserve?) all this wait will be well worth it and soon forgotten. Keep the T≡SLA faith!

Mjp462

Country
Country
Not sure what you’re missing either except this is a whole new model with new challenges. They may have been in existence for a while yet what they’re attempting now they have not done before. There have been some bumps along the way yet recent signs indicate progress towards accelerated output.

We are all impatient yet please do remember that when you do get your car (when did you reserve?) all this wait will be well worth it and soon forgotten. Keep the T≡SLA faith!
I reserved on 3/31 but have been waiting for this car since 2014. I understand unforeseen production problems will happen, but their output is beyond small. A few small batches of configuration emails doesn't really move the needle much, but yes, it is good news. Which is better than the fact they will deliver less than 10k in the first 6 months.

I think the January con call will give a good indication for how things are going. Hopefully.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Lets also not forget that NO other car company in the history of the world has EVER needed to build a Billion dollar Gigafactory in order to produce a car in volume. The main bottleneck has been there and it's got to ramp up in order for production to ramp up. I'd give Tesla an A+ for innovation and thinking like no other car company EVER. You can't change the world if you do things like everyone else. Other car companies hide their production ramp up behind the closed curtain and Tesla does not. In time this delay will seem minor and by the end of next year there will be so many Model 3's on the street the only delay people will be talking about is "when can I get one?"

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
we are taking a bit more of an anti-FUD stand here lately, so in an effort to ensure people coming to this site have a positive place to contribute to Model 3 conversations, this thread is being closed.
There are plenty of other places on the interwebs available to document the various things Tesla is doing to intentionally prevent individuals from buying exactly what they want for the amount they want to spend, since it is obvious developing and building a brand new vehicle is super easy and anyone could do it, and have their vehicle at home by the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.