Krystal Coat Ceramic Coating?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone have experience with a product called "Krystal Coat Ceramic Coating" by Pro Finish? My local detailer in the NW Chicago burbs has started offering this product after they finished a training program on it, and I can't find anything about it via web searches. Pro Finish only distributes this to professional shops. They are charging about $500 for full exterior application, plus a minor charge for paint correction on my new 3. It is apparently a SiO2 ceramic coating good for about 2 years. If anyone knows anything about this product I'd appreciate a review! TIA

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just thought I'd close this out with a quick review. Couldn't find any further info on this anywhere on the web, but I went ahead with it. Jetstream Jimmy's in Crystal Lake did the paint correction and Krystal Coat ceramic. Came out pretty well - paint swirls that were present at delivery are all gone, and a nice even shine from the coating. Time will tell how well it holds up, I'll post back in a year or two!
img_20180926_132156-jpg.15099

JDM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Earlier last week I had the windows tinted on my Model 3 (back window, rear passenger windows along with driver and passenger side). I also had the ceramic coating completed. After 21,000km, the car once again looked like the day we picked it up (probably better). I've attached a couple of photos. I have a good friend that owns a tinting shop and the one thing he mentioned was that the paint was quite "soft". He did a lot of needle size paint touch ups before he did the coating. Overall though, I'm quite happy with the result.

img_2777-jpg.16743
img_2776-jpg.16744
img_2775-jpg.16745

JDM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks! In hindsight, if I had done a little more research I would have gone with another color. Now that I see the reds, blues and whites out there, I have a little bit of envy. :)

mcgahajem

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Nice.I have the same color what percentage of tint do you have on rear and front?
Earlier last week I had the windows tinted on my Model 3 (back window, rear passenger windows along with driver and passenger side). I also had the ceramic coating completed. After 21,000km, the car once again looked like the day we picked it up (probably better). I've attached a couple of photos. I have a good friend that owns a tinting shop and the one thing he mentioned was that the paint was quite "soft". He did a lot of needle size paint touch ups before he did the coating. Overall though, I'm quite happy with the result.

View attachment 16743 View attachment 16744 View attachment 16745
Nice! What percentage of tint you put on front an rear?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a question about the color of the various window films. I have seen some described as "CLEAR" that have a green shade to them, which I dislike.
Prefer the neutral grays.

Can someone characterize the different brands relative to the shading?

Looking at 50-70 for the doors. Unsure about the back window due to the defroster line glare.

TIA