Key Works Through Wallet

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I think this is a big deal, at least for me. I never drive with my wallet in my pocket and never drive without my wallet...so. This is very convenient for me. just put the wallet in the right place and boom...there you go. By the way, I really like this guy's videos. Very short and specific to practical needs of an owner.

Dan

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think this is a big deal, at least for me. I never drive with my wallet in my pocket and never drive without my wallet...so. This is very convenient for me. just put the wallet in the right place and boom...there you go. By the way, I really like this guy's videos. Very short and specific to practical needs of an owner.

Dan

I’m glad to see this. Confirms the backup plan isn’t bad. Wallet is always in my pocket!

Keydiver

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I'm REALLY glad too hear this! I asked either Roger or Trevor yesterday if the keycard would work through a wallet, and they said not. My wife is going to be the main driver of the Model 3 (replacing her Leaf), and she is a bit of a Luddite, no smartphone. But, she does carry a little change purse with her, and I've been hoping that she could keep a keycard in it, hold the change purse up to the sensor, get in quickly, start the car by putting her foot on the brake, and then put the change purse back in her pocketbook before driving away. I don't want her to have to leave the change purse in the console, as I know she will often forget it. This better work, or she's going to hate me.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

Dan

Glad to hear this. I asked this a year ago and finally have my answer!

Ski

Country
Country
Yeah, mine worked through my leather wallet. Key card was outermost.

I've been frustrated on 3 occasions in my ~5 weeks of M3 ownership where car doesn't unlock via phone. Yes, Bluetooth was on ;). In one case, killing and relaunching the app seemed to fix. On the other 2, I had to use the key card.

That's pretty infrequent, but having to troubleshoot IT issues in order to get into a car kinda sucks. It's very frustrating in the moment to not be able get into your car immediately. The situation should improve with a software update, or so I hope.