BellevueEd

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Browsing Wikipedia, xamarin sounds like the tool all phone developers should use in order that we Windows phone bigots don't get left be hind, and have to drive our Studebakers forever. Ever onward, developers! (i.e., get with it)
BellevueEd (off topic): your mention of 'Studebaker forever'........I love your avatar. On my tablet, it almost looks like a Kodachrome shot, complete with what appears to be early 1950s vehicles in the shot. Well done. Cheers.

BellevueEd

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
BellevueEd (off topic): your mention of 'Studebaker forever'........I love your avatar. On my tablet, it almost looks like a Kodachrome shot, complete with what appears to be early 1950s vehicles in the shot. Well done. Cheers.
Mike: Staying off topic, good eye! 1) It was probably taken with Kodachrome 64, 2) Probably taken around 1958, so the cars are truly '50s vintage, 3) picture was Photoshopped for my 50th high school reunion to show the old me and the current me. I kinda like the young me, 20 pounds lighter, brown hair, white bucks, Pendleton jacket.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Woo hoo! I know i'm late to the party and I haven't gone through the 10 pages of posts, but I'm really excited about not having to carry around a keyfob ever again! I already do keyless entry to my house and this just means I officially don't have to leave the house with any keys.

Phil Kulak

Country
Country
Yup, me too. Lots will hate it, I'm sure, but key fobs have gotten so big these days it's crazy. Sure, if you have a purse it's no problem, but how am I expected to keep this stupid thing in my pocket with the rest of my keys?

I don't have a 7-series, but I don't even keep the fob for my Mazda on me. It lives on a hook in the kitchen, and half the time I need to get in the car I forget it. I never forget my phone!

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m glad I’m soon to be rid of key fobs AND Microsoft operating systems! ;)
Will the card support valet destination charging? I had a great experience with destination charging at the Hilton in Saint Augustine, Florida. The valet offered to park and charge my car each time I used valet parking. Cool to have a "full" charge whenever I left the hotel. I would be surprised if Tesla forgot to include this function for the card. My wife was really impressed!

Panda

Country
Country
Question
If you need to leave your phone in the car (eg gone surfing), can you just take your tesla key card? Do you just turn off your phone to keep the tesla app from keeping car open? What's the protocol between key fobs, key apps and key cards if all of them are on?? Can someone clarify thanks.

Phil Kulak

Country
Country
Question
If you need to leave your phone in the car (eg gone surfing), can you just take your tesla key card? Do you just turn off your phone to keep the tesla app from keeping car open? What's the protocol between key fobs, key apps and key cards if all of them are on?? Can someone clarify thanks.
My guess is that you just turn off your phone (or just Bluetooth), leave it in the car, and stick the key card down your wetsuit somewhere. :D

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Will the card support valet destination charging? I had a great experience with destination charging at the Hilton in Saint Augustine, Florida. The valet offered to park and charge my car each time I used valet parking. Cool to have a "full" charge whenever I left the hotel. I would be surprised if Tesla forgot to include this function for the card. My wife was really impressed!
the card is just for access to the car and to start the car. it doesn't have anything to do with charging. but you would hand the card to the hotel valet the same as you would the car fob/key and they will park/charge it the same as if you game them a fob/key.