Kansas City deliveries

mdfraz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I test drove a model S today for the first time at the Kansas City Plaza store. I was talking with the associate, mostly about the 3, because I'd already explained to him (and others in setting up this test drive) that I am getting married in April and my fiance and I are in the process of building a house, so even the 3 is stretching my middle class budget as it is. I was pleased that there was no pressure by him or anyone to try to get me into an S or an X.

While we were driving we were discussing the differences between the S and the 3 and the associate told me about his experience driving the 3 already. I asked where he had driven it and he said Kansas City, to my mild surprise. There is no model 3 here yet, and he didn't know exactly when one would be in the showroom here, but they know one is coming. What surprised me more, though, was that he said that 2 model 3s have already been delivered to people in Kansas City. One was apparently the relative of a SpaceX employee. I don't know anything about the other, but I was very encouraged to know that people in this area have their cars, even if it's only 2. Now I just need to see one in the wild!

mdfraz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm hoping that the owner of the blue Model 3 that I saw driving tonight on West 97th Terrace in Lenexa might be on this forum. If so, I'd love to chat sometime. :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi @mdfraz! I drive a blue Model 3 and work in Lenexa.
I ordered at the store on the first day, and took delivery on 5/2/2018.
Hopefully you put yourself on the list! It's an awesome car and totally worth the wait.

FYI, there's a few resources for Tesla Enthusiasts KC:
Facebook - Kansas City Tesla Enthusiasts Club
And a website TeslaKC.net

img_8985-jpg.10448

mdfraz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi @mdfraz! I drive a blue Model 3 and work in Lenexa.
I ordered at the store on the first day, and took delivery on 5/2/2018.
Hopefully you put yourself on the list! It's an awesome car and totally worth the wait.

FYI, there's a few resources for Tesla Enthusiasts KC:
Facebook - Kansas City Tesla Enthusiasts Club
And a website TeslaKC.net

View attachment 10448
Hi Josh-

Thanks for the resources for the KC area; I didn't know there were specific sites for our area but I'll check them out. Out of curiosity, did the KCMO store give any sense of how many 3s they'd delivered by the time you picked yours up 6 weeks ago?

I live in Lenexa off Prairie Star Parkway, west of K-7, so if you're ever in the neighborhood and want to stop by I'll have a cold beer (or whatever your preference) ready for you if you wouldn't mind me ogling your car for a bit. :)

And yes, I reserved in August of 2017 when I got to a point where finances would permit me to take the plunge. Anticipating realistically seeing my car sometime in the first quarter of 2019.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Out of curiosity, did the KCMO store give any sense of how many 3s they'd delivered by the time you picked yours up 6 weeks ago?

I live in Lenexa off Prairie Star Parkway, west of K-7, so if you're ever in the neighborhood and want to stop by I'll have a cold beer (or whatever your preference) ready for you if you wouldn't mind me ogling your car for a bit. :)
The KC-Manchester service center didn't have an exact number, but when I pressed them with more questions they said they had already delivered approximately 75 Model 3s from that location (as of 5/2/2018). But these deliveries from KC covered a large area including Iowa, Nebraska, and Arkansas.

I'll PM you for a meetup! It's fun to let people ogle!