Just Reserved My Tesla and I'm SORRY!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
So I don't know why it took me this long, but yesterday I decided to make the leap and reserve my model 3.

And for that I'm very sorry to all of you who also reserved your model 3s. Why? Well because for some very strange reason I'm cursed with lines and waiting on things. My wife hates going to the store with me, because inevitably something happens with the people in front me of that causing a huge unexpected delay. I've once waited 20 minutes in a line at a Target when the person in front of me was buying a package of toilet paper. You know the flashing light when the cashier has a problem? Yeah that's literally every time I get in a line.

Hopefully my curse doesn't translate into this reservation system, but if it does, again I'm sorry.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
@Wayne Walker , welcome to our friendly forum where I can guarantee you'll find lots of help in the form of useful data, insightful exchanges and frequent good laughs as we all wait...
And, since it seems like you are used to waiting in line, you must have developed the appropriate level of patience that will be part of the deal! :)

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Wayne Walker wecome to the club. I wouldn't worry about the Target example ... while we shop there a lot I swear I'll never go back each time because they have by far the worst checkout experience of any big box store. I'm convinced that they intentionally under staff it and have it poorly designed anyway.

As an aside all signs point to production starting on time and assuming they ramp up as suggested (5,000 cars a week before the end of 2017 and 10,000 cars a week in 2018) your wait may not be so horrible. Certainly not as long as the 18-24 months we will all wait as day 1 reservation holders.

Gabzqc

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So I don't know why it took me this long, but yesterday I decided to make the leap and reserve my model 3.

And for that I'm very sorry to all of you who also reserved your model 3s. Why? Well because for some very strange reason I'm cursed with lines and waiting on things. My wife hates going to the store with me, because inevitably something happens with the people in front me of that causing a huge unexpected delay. I've once waited 20 minutes in a line at a Target when the person in front of me was buying a package of toilet paper. You know the flashing light when the cashier has a problem? Yeah that's literally every time I get in a line.

Hopefully my curse doesn't translate into this reservation system, but if it does, again I'm sorry.
Welcome! One of the best communities for Tesla here!

Country
Country
And to be selfish - I'm ahead of you in line, so if you become the "blue-light flasher" and hose the line, it will get hosed long after I'm gone. Lets hope that your bad luck with Target mentality does not translate to Tesla mentality.

JBsC6

Country
Country
I usually order most of my new cars over the past 40 years of buying only new cars..

I love the anticipation portion of the buying experience...thanks for sharing and welcome to the club.

The model 3 looks to be quite an exciting new vehicle,

I believe electrics are transforming the automotive landscape. Not for the gas money saved but because they are better driving vehicles

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The model 3 looks to be quite an exciting new vehicle,

I believe electrics are transforming the automotive landscape. Not for the gas money saved but because they are better driving vehicles
I agree completely! Whether in a month, for some people, or in 20 months (for me), it will be an impressive moment for all of us to receive our iconic car. Iconic, because I believe that Model 3 will be the car that in future history will mark the major transition in automotive history. To BEV's, to FSD, to car sharing.

Last edited:

Gilberto Pe-Curto

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation

Wellcome!
The only waiting you'll suffer here is for @TrevP YouTube videos...
:)

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
Wayne your new car looks fantastic and with that white interior,..........yum, yum! I live about 45 minutes from you and I would really like to visit you and your car to scope out that interior. I am on the fence about a white interior and perhaps viewing one up close would persuade me (*if available on the model 3). Congratulations, good choice!

Country
Country
Absolutely, just let me know when/where.

I was on the fence with the white as well, and I'm still somewhat worried. But almost everything I could find on how they hold up put my mind at ease. I guess only time will tell, but yeah that white is gorgeous and I'm really glad I got it. In fact I just had an electrician (installing our new outlet) out this afternoon and they were really impressed with the car.

One of the big reasons I went for the white too, was as you know here in SoCal (esp. in the IE) we get some killer hot days, and I wear shorts whenever I can... So yeah black just wasn't going to work for me :)

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
@Wayne Walker wecome to the club. I wouldn't worry about the Target example ... while we shop there a lot I swear I'll never go back each time because they have by far the worst checkout experience of any big box store. I'm convinced that they intentionally under staff it and have it poorly designed anyway.

As an aside all signs point to production starting on time and assuming they ramp up as suggested (5,000 cars a week before the end of 2017 and 10,000 cars a week in 2018) your wait may not be so horrible. Certainly not as long as the 18-24 months we will all wait as day 1 reservation holders.
@SoFlaModel3 i didnt reserve until May 2017 in ontario...any idea when i may see an email to configure?

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@SoFlaModel3 i didnt reserve until May 2017 in ontario...any idea when i may see an email to configure?
Troy the best bet is to log into your My Tesla account and see what the "Delivery Estimator" says. There will be 3 potential classifications:

1. First Production (Base + Long Range Battery + Premium Upgrades)
2. Standard Battery
3. Dual Motor (All Wheel Drive)

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Troy the best bet is to log into your My Tesla account and see what the "Delivery Estimator" says. There will be 3 potential classifications:

2. Standard Battery

Attachments

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation

2. Standard Battery
I have just posted the delivery estimator from my account into the thread...and also when I change my preference from dual motor to first production it says it has saved but whenever I go back into the account the first production is still selected..

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have just posted the delivery estimator from my account into the thread...and also when I change my preference from dual motor to first production it says it has saved but whenever I go back into the account the first production is still selected..
That happened to a lot of people, you don’t have to worry about your selection as you’ll still get invited to configure based on the first production estimate. You then choose if you want first production or to wait for another configuration.