Joining the club from Southern Indiana

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just put my deposit down on my Model 3 today. Had to travel 2 hours to nearest Tesla sales location.
Long Range AWD, 18" Aero, and Auto pilot, Midnight Silver paint.

I know its fairly basic, But I plan to Plastidip it matte Blue right away, and possibly powdercoat or dip the wheels without the covers.

I should pick it up next week after they do a inspection and detail for me. I am excited to have a Tesla to call my own now!

I do a ton of 3d Printing and scanning for a side business so plan to develop a decent list of printable items for the car at the least!

dsitzman

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome! We are "graduating" from a Model S lease to a Model 3 purchased - take delivery in a few days.

There are a few chargers in French Lick at the hotel (we travel 37/145 from Indy to Tell City often enough). And we are considering getting our Model 3 wrapped at some point...just not sure when. There are also several places in Evansville to charge while downtown - and if lucky at a dealership which has EVs as well. We haven't tried that yet, but we have heard mixed reviews/stories. Other than that, the PlugShare app is something I'd recommend to anyone.

That's all I've got for now, but enjoy it when you get it!

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hoo hoo! Glad to hear it.

I was born and raised in Jasper, IN, and you'll find two 48A destination chargers between the Hampton Inn and the Schnitzelbank Restaurant, and they're both public.

In fact, without those being there, some of us would have trouble getting from Mount Vernon, IL to Louisville, KY.

And GO #TeamMidnightSilver! Here's our team's road trip playlist:

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the charging locations!. Yea I have only seen one other model 3 in town and its White/White. I actually had a chargepoint charger installed at my office last year with free public use in Jeffersonville, IN so that makes it easy for me to get the car going until I get my own in house charger installed!

Welcome! We are "graduating" from a Model S lease to a Model 3 purchased - take delivery in a few days.

There are a few chargers in French Lick at the hotel (we travel 37/145 from Indy to Tell City often enough). And we are considering getting our Model 3 wrapped at some point...just not sure when. There are also several places in Evansville to charge while downtown - and if lucky at a dealership which has EVs as well. We haven't tried that yet, but we have heard mixed reviews/stories. Other than that, the PlugShare app is something I'd recommend to anyone.

That's all I've got for now, but enjoy it when you get it!
Once I get mine dipped I'll post pictures so if you are interested in that idea I have a shop with lift that makes it much easier to do!

Hoo hoo! Glad to hear it.

I was born and raised in Jasper, IN, and you'll find two 48A destination chargers between the Hampton Inn and the Schnitzelbank Restaurant, and they're both public.

In fact, without those being there, some of us would have trouble getting from Mount Vernon, IL to Louisville, KY.

And GO #TeamMidnightSilver! Here's our team's road trip playlist:

Thanks for the Midnight Playlist! I had no idea there were so many songs for that. I wont get to play it long tho once I change the car to blue!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
greetings! just picked up my white x white MR yesterday from indianapolis! i live in southern indiana, maybe we are in the same town? also my first post here, very serendipitous.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
greetings! just picked up my white x white MR yesterday from indianapolis! i live in southern indiana, maybe we are in the same town? also my first post here, very serendipitous.
That is a coincidence. If you happen to be in jeffersonville any I’ll start having my car at the chargepoint charger pretty often so say hi!

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the charging locations!. Yea I have only seen one other model 3 in town and its White/White. I actually had a chargepoint charger installed at my office last year with free public use in Jeffersonville, IN so that makes it easy for me to get the car going until I get my own in house charger installed!

Once I get mine dipped I'll post pictures so if you are interested in that idea I have a shop with lift that makes it much easier to do!

Thanks for the Midnight Playlist! I had no idea there were so many songs for that. I wont get to play it long tho once I change the car to blue!
Here's the Blue playlist (and why leave #TeamMidnightSilver, all the cool kids are in it! :cool:).

Nautilus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Goodness, it's a Hoosier-fest! I'm in the greater Indy area. Welcome aboard meryan00, dsitzman and jayohthree.

I'll just repeat here again, for other Hoosiers wondering if it's still possible to take delivery this year, that as of last night there were 35 Model 3s parked in the Castleton Mall parking lot, which the Indy Service Center is using for their overflow inventory storage.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
20181220_160732-jpg.19497

Just took delivery, to bad it rained the whole 150 miles home from indy. Now to wait for my plastidip and time to work on it.

I did install a matte screen protector and blue trim cup holder inserts.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have to ask are you the white model 3 I see driving north east on grantline each morning? I was using the MX taking my daughter to school but haven't been this week
sadly, not me, but we have taken it to jeff/clarksville twice recently for christmas shopping!