Joe Rogan - How Elon Musk's Mind Works ***VIDEO***

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Over 10 million views, 274,000 likes, 5,900 dislikes so far. That translates to roughly 2% of the people that disliked the interview. Sounds about right, that's the media, short sellers, oil companies, flat earthers, chimpanzees, etc..

Since Tesla doesn't advertise, this interview gave them free exposure. I'm glad Elon talked about Neuralink because I didn't know much about it before, so again, free exposure for all of Elon's companies. Overwhelming majority of the people viewed Elon favorably after this, it's a win.

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven't watched the whole thing, but did watch about an hour and a half so far.

What I found enlightening is just how tortured he seems about mankind's future and the need to stop polluting the earth and switching to sustainable energy. I feel he feels this and sees it more than most people. It's like he has the vision and ability to do something to save mankind from itself, but they don't want to listen because all anyone cares about is what monetary thing they can get out of it. It's very sad. So many of his ideas, if more (those with even better financial situations) would get behind with him with the vision of doing what's best for everyone on this planet instead of how it affects their pocket book.

Big oil, like he pointed out is continuing what they do because it's easy money. They don't want to do what's best for everyone - because it hard and doesn't keep them rich. It's so but true.

He has vision... looking at myself from what he was saying... gawd, I feel like I need to re-examine myself too. He's trying to hard, but what am I doing to make a change? Sure I bought a Tesla, but it's still something for my own benefit - with the side benefit that I'm not helping big oil continue to kill us. But it's not enough.

Who cares if he took a puff. He even asked that it's legal now right? He tried it. So what. How many people who are pointing the finger at him can honestly say they never tried before? I personally have never used recreational drugs, but I don't hold it against him either for trying. He's still human. Listen to the rest of his message. You might learn something.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Spiffywerks, I agree completely that his puff was no big deal, but to say "who cares" is ridiculous. A significant number of investors clearly cared(the stock price fell significantly). My point is this, Elon has a fiduciary responsibility to his owners(stockholders) to comport himself in a manner that protects their investment in TSLA. I watched the entire message and while I agree that most of it was enlightening, compelling, and thought provoking, I still believe that when he accepted that blunt from Rogan he should have asked himself what will this do to my constituency. He didn't need to smoke on TV. Also, I don't doubt the like/ dislike percentages, but who do you think is watching Joe Rogan? Likely not his stockholders!! BTW, I made money off this latest idiocy, I just don't believe that his conduct is, on the whole, appropriate. Enough of this rant. 6 days to my P3D!

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Spiffywerks, I agree completely that his puff was no big deal, but to say "who cares" is ridiculous. A significant number of investors clearly cared(the stock price fell significantly). My point is this, Elon has a fiduciary responsibility to his owners(stockholders) to comport himself in a manner that protects their investment in TSLA. I watched the entire message and while I agree that most of it was enlightening, compelling, and thought provoking, I still believe that when he accepted that blunt from Rogan he should have asked himself what will this do to my constituency. He didn't need to smoke on TV. Also, I don't doubt the like/ dislike percentages, but who do you think is watching Joe Rogan? Likely not his stockholders!! BTW, I made money off this latest idiocy, I just don't believe that his conduct is, on the whole, appropriate. Enough of this rant. 6 days to my P3D!
People who watched the interview are likely future buyers of Tesla vehicles, solar, powerwalls, and they'll be following SpaceX, the Boring company, and now Neuralink that most people didn't know about. These people will probably also look into investing the more they learn about Tesla and its exciting products and top selling vehicles. When the government or NASA talks about global warming, nobody listens. Elon is now viewed as this guy who people can relate to, and he made compelling and emotional arguments to why digging and burning fossil fuels are the wrong way to go. That's a plus for this little blue Earth we all live on.

You are worried about the short term changes in stock prices, it shows you totally bought into the FUD. The question is who sold a bunch of stocks that day? Watch Jesse and Zac's explanation to what may have happened that day. You'll see it makes sense, and that the stock prices are completely manipulated whenever they want to pull that lever which usually happens at the same time with a big story narrative.

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand what you mean and I concede. It does matter to investors what he does. The puff was unnecessary and created negative publicity that was not needed. I did not consider that side in my comment.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
not a bit worried, I bought that day didn't sell. I sold Yesterday and will probably buy again B4 Q3 numbers are published. I completely believe in the mission, but won't refuse profit handed to me.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
not a bit worried, I bought that day didn't sell.
That's the point, you are an investor, you didn't sell due to the puff. The question is who sold and drove the narrative that Elon's puff crashed the stock, blame Elon, he's not fit for being a CEO, etc etc.. Do you think people who believes in Tesla's mission sold stock that day? I don't think so either.

So the stock drop was well manipulated and calculated in order for them to push a narrative that Elon's a bad guy. The fact that you and someone else also in this thread started to doubt Elon's ability to lead, as investors, is exactly why they do this. And they as in shorts, oil companies, and tons of others that want to see Tesla fail.

Last edited:

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I 100% agree with Tesla's mission. But that's not a great reason to buy their possibly overpriced stock. Liking a company is not the same as understanding the things affecting its stock valuation. If it creates less than rational impulses to buy or sell, that can cost you money. Beware. You can like the company, the mission and the products and still find the stock price irrational. Many billions of investor dollars have been lost permanently in past bubbles for exactly this reason.

I do not have any positions in TSLA stock.

I personally do not care at all what drugs Elon (or anyone else) does or does not take, but agree it can affect investor perceptions. However it's probably only a tiny factor in the current stock price fluctuations.

I am however concerned for his health, and (recreational and even some prescription) drugs are not always a good idea. Brain chemistry is a fragile and complex system and honestly very poorly understood. What we know about the brain now is about like what surgeons knew about the body many centuries ago. Which is to say, not very much. Or so my neuroscientist friends tell me.

Respecting nature includes respecting the very complex system that is the brain.

Last edited:

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, the Joe Rogan interview is now up to 16 million views, 371k likes to 8k dislikes, that's 46:1 ratio. Those of you that didn't get scared by the drop that day, you should be sitting pretty right now with the current stock prices. So congrats to you!

A month and half later, I think we can all look back at this and say Elon did a damn good job showing us his intellect and heart. The media attack was stupid. This was without a doubt net positive for his brands, as well as the future of humanity.