Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Jeda Wireless Pad V1 & V2

Product Review 
129K views 843 replies 140 participants last post by  NR4P 
#1 ·
Introducing the Tesla Wireless Pad: the first wireless phone charger created specifically and for Tesla, so that Tesla cars too will now support wireless Qi Charging.

Many carmakers offer wireless charging - but yet, Tesla doesn't. Seeing the need and desire for this, we spent months working on prototypes and designs before settling on the final version of the Tesla Wireless Pad. The Tesla Wireless Pad is the first wireless phone charger which is completely retrofitted for the Tesla Model 3, and blends seamlessly into the current design.

• Integrated design : retrofitted for the Tesla car, and blends into its current design.
  • Dual phone compatibility : allows it to charge two Qi enabled devices at once.
  • Enhanced grip: the TPU coating and enhanced grip ensure safety while driving.
    Thanks to the design, the ridges and the texture work together to absorb shock, all
    while maintaining your phones positioning.
  • Easy installation: it only takes three steps to install the Tesla Wireless Pad. Simple as pie.
  • Dual Coil charging: ensures that your phone stays charged, regardless of the
    position it is placed in.

Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Mode of transport

Naturally many drivers use multiple applications to navigate, stream audio, and connect to a call leaving their batteries drained; however, with the Tesla Wireless Pad, you can do all these and more, without having to deal with wires and docks.

Our first aftermarket Wireless Pad has been designed exclusively for the Model 3, although we will be releasing others designed for the Model S and X shortly after.

You can place a reservation (it's free!) on our website, and we will let you know when you can buy it. All reservation holders will receive a $20 discount. We will be launching officially in April. April as in April, and not December ;)

See less See more
#6 ·
Hi everyone,

@capn00 the front USB connectors output 5v 1A, this is not that different than the regular iphone/samsung adapters. They generally output the same current.

On the other side, we will have a 'fast-charge' option for the Wireless Pad which will allow to charge the phone at 7.5-10W instead of 5W. We are yet to reveal the details but we'll do so soon.

@John Many people have asked about this. Originally we were hoping to use the same cable installation than tesla did, but since customers requested it we made some updates on the design. This is not confirmed a 100% but we want to maintain both options.

Hope that helps! :)

#7 ·
Any updates on release or the details you were going to reveal soon?
Just curious since were halfway through April and I haven't seen any new info.
Hope your still on track and can't wait to order one.

#14 ·
Provide the tracking number or it didn't happen ;)

This doesn't bode well for the email they recently sent saying order invitations are going to be sent soon when they just now sent out pads to beta testers. Wouldn't final production and order fulfillment happen after feedback from beta testers which means not soon?

#20 ·
Aright so I'm seeing a little jump to 1.25A, but it's not stable and bounces all over down to .83A and then back up to 1.25A.

View attachment 7908
What are you charging with it and what is the state of charge for the device?

Maybe it will pull more for something with a lower battery?

#32 ·
I noticed an update to the FAQs regarding fast charging and an interesting take on it rather than ripping apart the center console.

https://getjeda.com/faq/

Does the Jeda Wireless Pad support fast charging?

Yes, the Jeda Wireless Pad is fast charging capable. It works with the quick charge 3.0 capabilities of the Qualcomm MCU ( Samsung phones ) and also the 7.5W iphone charge.
Since the Tesla Model 3 front USB ports only provide around 5W of current, a fast charge module is required.

What is the fast charging module?

After extensive testing on different Tesla Model 3s - trying front & rear USBs, as well as the cigarette lighter socket, we have determined the only way to provide fast charging to your phone is by replacing the current source. That's where the fast charging module comes in.
The 'fast charging module' is a complementary portable power bank that provides the Jeda Wireless Pad with up to 15W ( QC 3.0 ) of power. It has 10.000 mah, which is sufficient enough to deliver four full charges to your phone. The fast charging module comes equipped with velcro stickers, making for easy installation and removal. The velcro stickers also ensure safe placement, and minimal movement. An added advantage of using the 'fast charging module' is that you don't need to use the front USB dashboard sockets, allowing you the opportunity to keep a wired connection as well.
The 'fast charging module' is independent and optional. It is meant to enhance the charging experience of the Jeda Wireless Pad, and is compatible with other devices.

Reactions: Asad1087 and Brett
#33 ·
ah, they had to come up with a battery based solution. That would explain the unexpected delay. I'm assuming you got your beta charger? How's it working?

#37 ·
So in other words, they did not know what power was needed to claim "fast charging", OR they didn't know car's front USB ports were capable of before making claims.
I wouldn't say that. They knew what power was needed and they built a device capable of fast charging, unfortunately the car falls short of fast charging for the easiest installation (using the front USB ports) and they came up with a solution for those that won't want to tear their car apart. I happen to think it's a very elegant solution.

I have no qualms about taking apart the center console to run the USB capable to the 12V, but for anyone that does they're the only solution that both looks good and offers fast charging without much effort.

Reactions: Asad1087
#40 · (Edited)
ok - maybe I assumed they intended it to be plugged into the front ports and fast charging. it was at least implied that was the intent since the cord would not reach to anything else and they were not including anything to convert/extend the power port outlet to USB but still claiming it was fast charging.

ETA: went back and looked at what was originally mentioned... they did say FC would have something released in the future to take advantage of that option. so does sound like at least at some point they realized the USB ports at the front would not be enough.

#41 ·
So, are folks now getting 2A @ 5Volts from the front USB ports? Seems that at least one person was. Anybody else confirm this yet?

#48 ·
UPDATE: I just checked their website and you can now order the Jeda wireless pad for model 3 either by itself ($99), or with a fast charge module ($119), not including the discount for preordering ($20) it. To apply the discount we were suppose to receive an email with the code! I have not received an email from them since the original email from Rodger on April 23rd to expect a confirmation email from them in two weeks or so and to make sure you verified your email address. Has anyone received a code from them??? If so you can order now. It should ship the end of May or early June, according to their website.

https://getjeda.com/product/jeda-wireless-pad/

Reactions: LUXMAN
#50 ·
To apply the discount we were suppose to receive an email with the code! I have not received an email from them since the original email from Rodger on April 23rd to expect a confirmation email from them in two weeks or so and to make sure you verified your email address. Has anyone received a code from them???
I haven't received a code either. A thorough reading of their FAQ makes me think you don't get the code unless you've "verified your email" which I hadn't done until today. I'd be interested to hear from someone who has verified to see if they got the code or not.

Reactions: Hav77
#56 ·
According to their twitter account they said to wait to you receive the code if you want the preorder discount.

Days though????!!!!!!

#59 ·
The people who helped test were specifically asked not to share phots or reviews since they are pre production and not final units. I am sure they will be sharing both once their production units are in hand.

Units aren't shipping yet, they just opened up orders to general public.

@SoFlaModel3 I just hope we find out if they are using Alcantara or Textile in the final units. :p

#64 ·
The answers basically implies nothing close to final production design has been tested at all by real users.
Why would final users help test? Those are called beta testers.
Again there will be plenty of end users providing feedback of the final product shorty after it ships.

I again refer you to my earlier suggestion to wait if your worried about it. Let others report back on their findings.

I don't believe anyone is pushing for immediate orders, the company seems to have delayed launch in order to prepare for higher than expected demand.

#68 ·
Sorry, not to start an argument but generally product review NDA also expires when the product goes on sale.

In this sense, I really appreciate how RPMTesla works.

BTW, I don't think, and I have been in product development for 20 years, that it is industry practice or even good practice to NOT have the final product tested by users in a limited release before launch.

EDIT:. Tesla's deposit is 100% refundable, is Jeda offering this?

#70 ·
I don't consider it and argument personally, glad to have this form to share feedback and have a discussion.
I appreciate having my way of thinking challenged.

I think the company is trying to move forward and capitalize on the momentum of the Model 3. I am not an engineer but it seems that Qi charging is a fairly standard process and they claim to be a "group of designers and engineers with experience building technology and hardware". I think most of their work will be in the physical design.
I am personally not too worried about a faulty product but I am aware I am taking a chance on a new company.

#76 ·
From what I can tell, the only thing Jeda gets you is a nicer replacement Tesla pad and makes it easier to place the phones since they don't have to be centered like the Qis or other wireless pucks. The Qi chargers will charge at the same rate. Only way to get fast charging is with a battery, which you can do by just buying one. Or, buy the Jeda.

The one thing I'll say is the raised horizontal line on the stock Tesla pad makes it difficult sometimes for my Galaxy S8+ to connect while the case is on it. I wish I could just find a nice flat replacement pad.

#78 ·
From what I can tell, the only thing Jeda gets you is a nicer replacement Tesla pad and makes it easier to place the phones since they don't have to be centered like the Qis or other wireless pucks. The Qi chargers will charge at the same rate. .
this IS using Qi. Qi is the wireless charging standard.
Only way to get fast charging is with a battery, which you can do by just buying one.
the issue with using a battery (assuming Jeda is working around this), is if you just buy an off the shelf USB battery, they do not output while charging. You can either re-charge the battery or you can charge the item from the battery, but not both at the same time. (this is part of the reason the blackvue battery backup is priced so much higher than a typical USB battery of the same size, because it has the extra relays built in to allow both re-charging and use at the same time).

#77 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.