• Total voters

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@LUXMAN had a great idea to take a poll of those who have experienced the Jeda Wireless Pad. In addition to the poll, if you have any specific feedback (things the product can and should do better in a v2) please leave a comment below and I will relay that to the team.

Note I’ll avoid the obvious that it took to long to ship and keep the focus on the product itself.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the spirit of transparency I voted that it works as expected. My feedback to the Jeda team as they continuously improve is to work on a solution to seat the product a little better. The ahesive on the stickers is struggling with South Florida heat.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine seems to charge the phone just fine, but:
  • It degrades FM radio when the signal is already "iffy". Exactly five seconds after plugging in one or both of the USB cords, the radio starts cutting in and out about every second. This occurs whether or not a phone is charging.
  • Phone cases that work with other wireless chargers seem to block the signal from Jeda. My wife can't charge her phone in my car but the nightstand is no problem.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I picked it woks but I wish it was better. I wanted to vote that I didn’t like it and switched to something else as I have pre ordered the Nomad pad that is coming out in September.

The Jeda works ok but charges a bit slow. Also I don’t like the way it seats down in the counsel. The adhesive is not holding it in place and both of our phones fall down into the middle compartment.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
their site lists FCC/CE & ROHS but not UL
OK, FCC certification is the one that's supposed to make sure that a device doesn't cause excessive interference, so it's good that they've obtained that. But then, it's a shame that it interferes with FM reception within the car.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine seems to charge the phone just fine, but:
  • It degrades FM radio when the signal is already "iffy". Exactly five seconds after plugging in one or both of the USB cords, the radio starts cutting in and out about every second. This occurs whether or not a phone is charging.
  • Phone cases that work with other wireless chargers seem to block the signal from Jeda. My wife can't charge her phone in my car but the nightstand is no problem.
Interesting. Now I just checked 10 HD stations and 10 regular stations to include low signal Spanish ones while charging my phone with no noticeable static.

Is this all the time or just certain locations?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone have a good solution to the seating issue. My adhesive dots do literally nothing, I tried standard two-sided tape, also nothing. I suppose I could go for mounting tape but that seems excessive, My phone will stay put with it unseated unless I'm showing someone the acceleration or...making it through an *echem* orange light.

Will have to get the nomad, but prefer not to, I have no other issues with Jeda other than this, but this is kind of fundamental.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone have a good solution to the seating issue. My adhesive dots do literally nothing, I tried standard two-sided tape, also nothing. I suppose I could go for mounting tape but that seems excessive, My phone will stay put with it unseated unless I'm showing someone the acceleration or...making it through an *echem* orange light.

Will have to get the nomad, but prefer not to, I have no other issues with Jeda other than this, but this is kind of fundamental.
I have run into a little problem with my Jeda. It works great but started sliding around. Then I found the mounting DOTS were not sticking. I figured maybe it was the heat and that I needed something better. Turns out the pad had warped slightly on the sides and the dots no longer contact the tray hence it slides around. I found that I could attach it securely with some 2 sided foam tape my wife had. I assume that is what you mean by mounting tape. Problem is, this makes the pad even thicker. So the ledge is just enough to hold my phone...barely.
I have contacted JEDA and they say they want to make it right. That was yesterday and haven't heard back yet today as what to do....

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have run into a little problem with my Jeda. It works great but started sliding around. Then I found the mounting DOTS were not sticking. I figured maybe it was the heat and that I needed something better. Turns out the pad had warped slightly on the sides and the dots no longer contact the tray hence it slides around. I found that I could attach it securely with some 2 sided foam tape my wife had. I assume that is what you mean by mounting tape. Problem is, this makes the pad even thicker. So the ledge is just enough to hold my phone...barely.
I have contacted JEDA and they say they want to make it right. That was yesterday and haven't heard back yet today as what to do....
I suspect I am having the same issue - and yes that was my concern with mounting or foam double sided tape as well is that it might negate its purpose. Thank you for confirming that! I reached out to Jeda as well. Honestly the seating of the pad wouldn't be as big of a problem if it had a ledge for the phone to sit on but since it relies on the ledge of the original dock it needs to be as flush as possible. I know nomad went with adding its own ledge which I suspect will work better.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now I put the tape more towards the middle. But i shoulda put it on the edges that were sticking up. So little bit self induced. LOL!