Jeda....what a MESS

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For those of us with early M3's with the old USB ports, note that even with a wired connection, I am lucky to get 5W out of the ports. Tried different wires and phones. So before trashing Jeda or other wireless chargers, know that the wireless cannot be anything but less, assuming no power boost or batteries.
I wish I did have 15W like my home wireless charger

My first generation Nomad charger had the battery built in so it masked the low port current. But as my phone grew in size, I had to part with the Nomad.

In defense of Jeda, when they forgot to ship the M3 pad with the charger, they did send another fairly quickly.

I curious for those with factory USB-C ports, what are your wired and wireless charging rates? Jeda or Tesla wireless for comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: iChris93

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Relax everyone. If Jeda has one thing over nameless Chinese sellers on Amazon, it's that they're actually here on this forum reading posts. Give them a chance to make things right, as long as they're willing to do so.
I respectfully disagree. Jeda has been given over two years worth of chances, and they conyinue to be unable to deliver product or customer service.. Anyone can be a sponsor, doesn't make them a reliable retailer.

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have had success with both Jeda and the other Chinese vendors on Amazon. One big advantage of Amazon is they do make the returns painless. I love the hubs but the wireless chargers were all disappointing especially with the iPhone 12 max. My scab together MagSafe charger Worked out very well. The beauty of the magsafe is it holds the phone magnetically so you don’t need any bumpers or rails. This leaves room for the iPhone 12 max with a case in the existing tray. I am going to make one more next week out of my tray that I replaced. If someone is interested in it I will be glad to give it away. I can also put together a tutorial on removing the console If anyone is interested. It is not needed for replacing the tray but for running the 12 V power to provide additional power it is certainly helpful.
249250FF-E986-428A-8A26-A81CA1113C63.jpeg
l
92A0B6D9-6F3B-4EF7-9559-CD9085F4293B.jpeg

MachV

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You guys are not sorry. You continue to treat customers poorly as evidenced on this forum years later.

I'm throwing away my JUNK Jeda wireless charger and just purchased a much better one for under $40 delivered in less than 1 week from Amazon.

Good riddance Jeda
I LOVE my new TAPTES charger and hub! The fact that I can now lift the charger pad is an additional bonus since the old JUNK JEDA one was not designed well enough to do this.

Get the $50 (curved top) one which has 3 coils: 2 upright, 1 horizontal. also the sweet spot is larger so you don't have to fiddle with the positioning like ANOTHER PROBLEM JEDA has.

Reactions: JimmT

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
OP’s point had been made and Jeda has acknowledged their mistake. Thread now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.