Product Review Jeda USB Hub for Model 3 is here!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Rbrooks84

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
waiting for mine but excited because i am seeing nice things online and currently have a mess i originally got a cheapo usb hub on amazon and the thing is damn crap and everything is all jumbled up so need something to make it look cleaner , also recently got a nice tray organizer for spare change and such so everything will be very nice and clean and not a mess like it is not with wires and cords hopefully my jedi hub comes soon im very exited and waiting eagerly

Perscitus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Took a while (given the shipping halt as they revised the part). Works fine with a 1TB T5 drive partitioned for both TeslaCam and Music/Media
and mated to a Nomad v2 charging pad.

Last edited:

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Over all its really well done and fits like a glove. My only disappointment was that I bought a USBC to USB adapter in an attempt to power my xbox controller and make use of the 2 USB C ports. Not enough juice coming from the USB C ports to fully power the controller, it just flickers a few times and dies. Oh well :confused:

dburkland

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Over all its really well done and fits like a glove. My only disappointment was that I bought a USBC to USB adapter in an attempt to power my xbox controller and make use of the 2 USB C ports. Not enough juice coming from the USB C ports to fully power the controller, it just flickers a few times and dies. Oh well :confused:
Been wondering if that would work, thanks for confirming it indeed does not work!

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@Jay79,

Have you emailed Jeda to confirm it’s working properly? I don’t know what the power draw/requirement is for the controller. Do we have any data from Jeda on what the power output/specs of the different ports of the hub are?

Ski

shamrock23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I placed my order for the Jeda USB Hub 7/25/19. They have delayed shipping the device several times. They said an issue with the dash-cam symbol not popping up for some users. Has anyone else experience this problem and or delay?

sraatc17

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered mine on July 12th, just recieved it in the mail yesterday. Didn't even get a shipping notice. Only problem is I did not get the spacer that I also paid for in the same order. Sent an email last night and haven't heard back yet

I placed my order for the Jeda USB Hub 7/25/19. They have delayed shipping the device several times. They said an issue with the dash-cam symbol not popping up for some users. Has anyone else experience this problem and or delay?

fritter63

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered Sep 7th. Two hubs, one wireless pad, one spacer. No word yet.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is my video on the hub and so far I’m really happy. Coincidentally I had my TeslaCam drive corrupt 2 days in a row with the hub, pulled the hub and tested the drive without the hub for a few days only to find the drive was bad. I have replaced the drive (same one) and now all is well!!

dburkland

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For those wondering when they can expect their JEDA hubs to ship I have included a screenshot from an email they sent out earlier this week:

1568951299857-png.29228

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Strange. I bought an adapter for the same purpose and works just fine for my Xbox 1 controller.

crmatson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update: Arrived today and works great so far. The barcode area of the label was damaged so I see why status updates didn't work. The actual box was not damaged.

Mine was supposed to ship by 9/16.
I got an email and tracking number 9/18.
As of 1628 CDT on 9/20/19, it still shows status as "Pre-shipment, shipping label created, USPS awaiting item."

Last edited: