Product Review Jeda USB Hub for Model 3 is here!

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FWIW, the week is not over and they said last night they'll be shipping thru today (Saturday) to get this week's orders out. I agree they're not the most reliable when it comes to shipping times, but OTOH ... this guy Elon I bought my car from hasn't ever met a deadline he could keep. 🤣
Sure he has. One thing he has done is even though in cases where he delivered late, he has always kept his promise

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FWIW, the week is not over and they said last night they'll be shipping thru today (Saturday) to get this week's orders out. I agree they're not the most reliable when it comes to shipping times, but OTOH ... this guy Elon I bought my car from hasn't ever met a deadline he could keep. 🤣
You were right, mine "shipped" overnight and is supposed to be "dropped off" this morning. Effectively, it's shipping on Monday. :rolleyes:

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's a larger internal compartment than I thought. Thanks! I think my SanDisk Extreme will fit in there just fine at 3.79 x 1.95 x 0.35 in
SanDisk Extreme will fit at an angle. Might even fit better upside down with the female at the bottom rather than the top (pictures from the web):

b41f067d-4f06-4af1-953b-7acc2f824849-jpeg.28489

7d12a490-b3a1-487e-9778-427744f86380-jpeg.28490

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the most troubling thing is that they don't include a way to track your order/shipment on their website. I don't think there is a shopping cart on the internet today that doesn't include this functionality so why not have it available? They have gotten on my bad side as well with their VERY SLOW shipping and non repsonses to emails.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the most troubling thing is that they don't include a way to track your order/shipment on their website. I don't think there is a shopping cart on the internet today that doesn't include this functionality so why not have it available?
It's a little different. It's not as if Tesla can just drop your package off at UPS and let them handle delivery.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's a little different. It's not as if Tesla can just drop your package off at UPS and let them handle delivery.
it's no different. I've run several online stores, all with the ability to have customer tracking available. They for some reason just don't want to enable the functionality. I haven't probed into their site at all to see what system they are using but i'm sure it's there and not being used. They are just inefficient at keeping on timelines. I've offered support to them, would even be willing to assist with shipping for FREE but they(he) will not take me up on the offer. Too bad, products are generally nice.

Update: They are using a combination of WordPress and WooCommerce. WooCommerce uses a plugin system but can be very fully featured if one chooses. For shipment tracking, they just need to purchase the plugin and enbale it. It is $49US. If it would get it done i'd gladly donate the $49.

Last edited:

Madmolecule

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Only differences it should be easier for Tesla. It’s mind blowing that they can’t figure out logistics and provide better information for customers on a purchases of this magnitude. If virtually every other company on the planet can figure out providing delivery information to customers I would think Tesla could handle this. Maybe some of their programmers that perform all of the coding as you state could write a few lines of code, since obviously it would be impossible for AI to handle this. The Tesla sales and delivery model is more similar to amazon than GM so they should start acting like it. I don’t care that it is better than dealing with other car dealers, it’s not better than other online order and delivery companies and that should be the benchmark if they want to play i

jmmdownhil

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Received my hub last Sat. and installed on Mon. Just got an email from Jeda saying that last week’s shipments were delayed due to a problem with “some” of the units. Mine seems to work OK now, but wonder about any lingering issues. Anyone aware of the specific issue? (Sent the same question to Jeda but no response yet)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got the below note from Jeda. Anyone know what they discovered?

Jeda USB Hub Update

Hello Jason,

We know you are patiently waiting for your Jeda USB Hub! The Jeda USB began shipping around the first week of August - and so far we've had some wonderful reviews come in and people have been loving their new USB hub. With that said, after shipping to mass quantities of people, we have also noticed an improvement which needed to be done to the electronic portion of the Jeda USB Hub. Due to this problem, some customers experienced issues, and before continuing shipments we had to work to identify the issue. Our team paused shipments last week to ensure that this small issue was fully identified before shipping to more of our customers. While a small minority of individuals had this issue, we considered it enough to pause shipments until the issue was identified. The issue has been fully identified and is currently being fixed. We waited to notify our customers until we ran intensive testing last week, so we could know how long it would take to fix it.

Shipments will resume again on Monday, August 26th. We know this is unpleasant news, and probably the last thing you want to hear from us - believe us, it's the last thing we want to say! We do believe it will make a marked improvement on the performance of the USB Hub overall and it's for the better.

Scroll down below to see shipping information and some customer photos.

Updated Shipping Information

U.S : 1-2 day shipping time
North/South America: 5-7 day shipping time
Europe: 5-10 day shipping time
Oceania: 5-7 day shipping time
  • #43844 - 56510 - Shipping 8/26
  • #56510 - 63622 - Shipping 9/2
As always, you can reach us at hello@getjeda.com.

The Jeda Team
Jeda Products, Inc.
getjeda.com

jmmdownhil

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Received my hub last Sat. and installed on Mon. Just got an email from Jeda saying that last week’s shipments were delayed due to a problem with “some” of the units. Mine seems to work OK now, but wonder about any lingering issues. Anyone aware of the specific issue? (Sent the same question to Jeda but no response yet)
Just got this response from Jeda:
"Hello John,
Not everyone that has the USB Hub will experience this issue! It's only been found in about 10-15 customers, out of thousands. We considered that enough to not take future risks for pending orders.

The issue was the dashcam symbol not showing up when connected to the USB Hub for some individuals. This would be present from the beginning.

Again this did NOT affect every USB customer only a few. The issue is easily fixable if you do encounter it, and is 100% covered by our team.

If your dashcam symbol is showing up, then you do not have an affected USB Hub and everything is fine with yours! It was a few select individuals, and not all hubs are affected by this. "

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got this response from Jeda:
"Hello John,
Not everyone that has the USB Hub will experience this issue! It's only been found in about 10-15 customers, out of thousands. We considered that enough to not take future risks for pending orders.

The issue was the dashcam symbol not showing up when connected to the USB Hub for some individuals. This would be present from the beginning.

Again this did NOT affect every USB customer only a few. The issue is easily fixable if you do encounter it, and is 100% covered by our team.

If your dashcam symbol is showing up, then you do not have an affected USB Hub and everything is fine with yours! It was a few select individuals, and not all hubs are affected by this. "
Thanks for posting the reply. Still doesn't really tell us what was technically wrong with them that caused that to happen, but good to know the effect so we can keep an eye on it.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got mine, simple install and my dashcam is working fine. I have the two regular outputs hooked up to my Jeda wireless pad, and the other two USB-C ports, I have adapters for passengers to use. So far everything is working fine. I especially like how it gets rid of the mess of cords in the storage area.