Product Review Jeda USB Hub for Model 3 is here!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have the people at Jeda answered our prayers?

First look at the new @getjeda USB hub for the Tesla Model 3! Have your prayers been answered??

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks nice and I just bought one but isn't that going to encourage flash drive overheating? I guess you can leave the cover off.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This looks fantastic!!! Thanks @TrevP for the detailed video. Rushing to get myself one! :)

Looks nice and I just bought one but isn't that going to encourage flash drive overheating? I guess you can leave the cover off.
Do solid state drives get pretty hot? I would think they'd be less prone to overheating but that would be a concern. Only asking because that's Trev showed with his unit. I've been using a 32GB USB myself... might need to upgrade in time.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like a great product but I really don't get the allure of it if I'm being honest. I currently have a small USB hub velcroed neatly in place and I'm also using the Nomad wireless charger which comes with a USB splitter. So with this setup I have four free ports to use as I see fit. If I go with the whole Jeda setup I actually lose ports. What am I missing??

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This looks fantastic!!! Thanks @TrevP for the detailed video. Rushing to get myself one! :)

Do solid state drives get pretty hot? I would think they'd be less prone to overheating but that would be a concern. Only asking because that's Trev showed with his unit. I've been using a 32GB USB myself... might need to upgrade in time.
hows your experience with SSDs

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Null. lol. I have a USB in my car.

Am I reading too much into your post that they do, indeed, get flaming hot?
I don’t know if they get flaming hot or not. I am planning to buy the Samsung T5 500GB SSD drive

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wondering about the opening size (I ordered one about 25 mins before they launch this morning...) for the SSD drive. I currently use a standard 2.5 inch SSD, and I'm thinking that isn't going to fit if they are showing the Samsung T5.
Either it'll fit, or I'm going to be buying a new storage drive because I'm sick of all the wires in there.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t know if they get flaming hot or not. I am planning to buy the Samsung T5 500GB SSD drive
Sorry that I don’t know more. It does seem to be the latest and best tech in storage, I’m considering getting one myself.

I thought maybe your first message was sarcastic... like “uh, do you have experience with these?” because they are hot or something! 😂

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wish he just mentioned our leader here... already a great review video for people to check out. Someone with an account there post Trev’s video link in the comments.
Electrek Link

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like a nice design but based on my experience with Jeda I can not recommend this company or its products at this time. They shipped me a wireless pad 3 months ago. It was delivered dead on arrival with the wrong cables. I have sent them 5 emails in the past three months and they seem to be completely incapable of handling the simplest customer service issues.

Jeda.... If you are reading this please send me the correct cables so I can start giving you good reviews!

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry that I don’t know more. It does seem to be the latest and best tech in storage, I’m considering getting one myself.

I thought maybe your first message was sarcastic... like “uh, do you have experience with these?” because they are hot or something! 😂
Lol

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like a nice design but based on my experience with Jeda I can not recommend this company or its products at this time. They shipped me a wireless pad 3 months ago. It was delivered dead on arrival with the wrong cables. I have sent them 5 emails in the past three months and they seem to be completely incapable of handling the simplest customer service issues.

Jeda.... If you are reading this please send me the correct cables so I can start giving you good reviews!
That does not mean the wireless pad is bad? Tesla has bad communication too so are they bad?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wondering about the opening size (I ordered one about 25 mins before they launch this morning...) for the SSD drive. I currently use a standard 2.5 inch SSD, and I'm thinking that isn't going to fit if they are showing the Samsung T5.
Either it'll fit, or I'm going to be buying a new storage drive because I'm sick of all the wires in there.

A 2.5" SSD will not fit (I tried). You need something like the Samsung T5 SSD https://amzn.to/308pCOD

Jason Krellner

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I find it curious that they include 2 USB A and 2 USB C ports. What will people even use the USB C ports for?

I'm debating buying one just because, but as others have noted, I'll actually be losing a port because right now I use two splitters so I have 4 available USB A ports...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I find it curious that they include 2 USB A and 2 USB C ports. What will people even use the USB C ports for?

I'm debating buying one just because, but as others have noted, I'll actually be losing a port because right now I use two splitters so I have 4 available USB A ports...
many phones are now using USB-C. my iPad uses USB-C, I believe iPhone is going to them too

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Flash memory gets hot, and needs to be cooled, somewhat -- but it actually is a wide envelope of temperatures where it's valid -- in fact, it performs FASTER at uncomfortably hot temperatures to a point (before failure).

It's why you don't want to actively cool your SSD in a PC. It has to stay quite warm to get maximum speed.