Jeda Gen II Wireless Charging Pad??

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
V4 has been updated so they're on their way. My shipment is in transit

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got my v4 after a couple of months. I received several email communications, but it wasn’t entirely clear if the email communications would continue or if I’d get a shipping notification. Checking the FAQ on their site helped to answer my questions, however. The experience was not too different from a Kickstarter product (even ones by large companies). But, yes, knowing what to expect before hand does help to manage expectations/worry.

I received a lot of cable options with the hub I received as well, so was able to customize the USB-A/C usage a bit. It works pretty well, though I don’t have a wirelessly charging phone (yet).
I will be surprised if you get what Jeda promised you. I have the V3 and there is no way this thing does more than 5W wireless on latest Samsung phone. I even ran wires to the 12V Aux plug for more power and its about 5.5W max wireless. They keep telling me it is the wires, the plug, my phone but not their charger. Hope you do better.

Needsdecaf

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I will be surprised if you get what Jeda promised you. I have the V3 and there is no way this thing does more than 5W wireless on latest Samsung phone. I even ran wires to the 12V Aux plug for more power and its about 5.5W max wireless. They keep telling me it is the wires, the plug, my phone but not their charger. Hope you do better.

Jeda has engaged me via email and I'm going to test it out of the car, plugged into a fairly powerful charger. They are working with me, I have to give them that.

Right now with my iPhone, I'm getting like 1W. No case.

skygraff

re member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Since I bought my earlier Jeda pad before I had a wireless chargeable phone, they made an offhand offer to exchange it for the new one when I discovered it doesn't work with smaller iPhones like the 12 mini. Once the new one came out, there's been no response to my questions about whether that offer was legit or if I just need to pay full price (or wait for a sale).

First, is anybody having good solid charging with the new pad and an iPhone 12 mini? Second, considering that I can no longer use my Jeda hub without getting USB errors unless I only have the sentry drive and one other item plugged in (still get the occasional error that way), has anybody been able to plug in both sides of the wireless pad as well as a sentry drive on older USBA Model 3 configurations?

Unless I run some kind of 12 volt wire, I fear that the whole setup is going to be a series of frustrations even if I spend the money to buy all new versions of their products. Not to mention my local SC writing in a service response that hubs are not allowed (misquoting the OM language) and stating that they pulled my logs and will use them as evidence if I put in any warranty claims.

I like Jeda as an innovator and a home grown company but I don't like the idea of having to rebuy the same products over and over again before ever really getting to put them to use. Can't blame them for Tesla breaking stuff with software updates however, with regard to the pad working on smaller phones (and the confusing exchange offer communication), I guess I would've liked a little better info on the charge footprint before I'd decided to purchase.

Reactions: Kizzy

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Since I bought my earlier Jeda pad before I had a wireless chargeable phone, they made an offhand offer to exchange it for the new one when I discovered it doesn't work with smaller iPhones like the 12 mini. Once the new one came out, there's been no response to my questions about whether that offer was legit or if I just need to pay full price (or wait for a sale).

First, is anybody having good solid charging with the new pad and an iPhone 12 mini? Second, considering that I can no longer use my Jeda hub without getting USB errors unless I only have the sentry drive and one other item plugged in (still get the occasional error that way), has anybody been able to plug in both sides of the wireless pad as well as a sentry drive on older USBA Model 3 configurations?

Unless I run some kind of 12 volt wire, I fear that the whole setup is going to be a series of frustrations even if I spend the money to buy all new versions of their products. Not to mention my local SC writing in a service response that hubs are not allowed (misquoting the OM language) and stating that they pulled my logs and will use them as evidence if I put in any warranty claims.

I like Jeda as an innovator and a home grown company but I don't like the idea of having to rebuy the same products over and over again before ever really getting to put them to use. Can't blame them for Tesla breaking stuff with software updates however, with regard to the pad working on smaller phones (and the confusing exchange offer communication), I guess I would've liked a little better info on the charge footprint before I'd decided to purchase.
I have both sides of the mat plugged in via the USB-A hub. One cable in a USB-A port and one in a USB-C port. No wireless phone (plan on getting the 12 mini successor when it’s released this fall (🤞🏽) but have used the wired cable along with an SD card via USB adapter for Sentry Mode simultaneously) and I’m still on software version 2020.48.12.1 and wasn’t tracking which software versions started having USB errors since I didn’t have a hub at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: skygraff

skygraff

re member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have both sides of the mat plugged in via the USB-A hub. One cable in a USB-A port and one in a USB-C port. No wireless phone (plan on getting the 12 mini successor when it’s released this fall (🤞🏽) but have used the wired cable along with an SD card via USB adapter for Sentry Mode simultaneously) and I’m still on software version 2020.48.12.1 and wasn’t tracking which software versions started having USB errors since I didn’t have a hub at the time.

Thanks. They claimed that they weren’t seeing the error on hubs after the gen 1 that I have but people (including myself) have had the error even without using a hub so I’m a bit hesitant to buy a new one.

Appreciate the anecdotal evidence!