Jalopnik article

mdfraz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Fair enough. Like I said, there seemed to be a LOT of negativity in that article. Balance is good, and so is being realistic, but I didn't sense that much in the article was anything that wasn't already known. Was just curious what others might think about it.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
https://jalopnik.com/teslas-hell-threatens-its-future-1819917980

Seems like a lot of critical info here, though I don't think a whole lot of it is "new". I hadn't heard anything negative about build quality before this, though.
Take EVERYTHING from Jalopnik with a grain of salt. They absolutely are brutal against Tesla, at least in my opinion.
This author of this blog/article in particular has never posted anything positive about Tesla that I recall reading. I don't feel like looking at more articles of his (didn't click "more stories" at the bottom of the page) but this will give you an idea of his anti-Tesla bias.

https://kinja.com/ryanfelton13

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Yeah, Jalopnik is hugely anti-Tesla. They're usually not very good about fact-checking in the process, either. Their favourite tactics seem to be "selective reporting" (only report the bad things you can find - for example in this article, find any random panel gap pic (which of course you can find some) and ignore all of the owners and other reviewers talking about the high build quality in theirs) and "conflation" (for example, in a recent article trying to portray Teslas as unreliable, they claimed Consumer Reports ratings for the Model S are "below to above average", ignoring that "below" was an old rating and "above" is the current rating from Consumer Reports)

Idur

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Yeah, Jalopnik is hugely anti-Tesla. They're usually not very good about fact-checking in the process, either. Their favourite tactics seem to be "selective reporting" (only report the bad things you can find - for example in this article, find any random panel gap pic (which of course you can find some) and ignore all of the owners and other reviewers talking about the high build quality in theirs) and "conflation" (for example, in a recent article trying to portray Teslas as unreliable, they claimed Consumer Reports ratings for the Model S are "below to above average", ignoring that "below" was an old rating and "above" is the current rating from Consumer Reports)
I find m3oc hugely anti-Jalopnik. People always complain about them focusing on Tesla not being perfect, when they report on areas where Tesla can improve.
I have to admit that some parts of the article are stretching the truth a lot, but other parts could simply be uncomfortable to write in, for example, a Evannex blog post.

Since I don't really know the site or the writer, I'm curious how others look at this.

So far the consensus seems to be that Jalopnik has a negative bias on Tesla. Are they simply clickbaiting for Tesla haters or do they have an interest in Tesla failing?

Are they picking facts or are they making them up?

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I find m3oc hugely anti-Jalopnik. People always complain about them focusing on Tesla not being perfect, when they report on areas where Tesla can improve.
I have to admit that some parts of the article are stretching the truth a lot, but other parts could simply be uncomfortable to write in, for example, a Evannex blog post.

Since I don't really know the site or the writer, I'm curious how others look at this.

So far the consensus seems to be that Jalopnik has a negative bias on Tesla. Are they simply clickbaiting for Tesla haters or do they have an interest in Tesla failing?

Are they picking facts or are they making them up?
Good questions. It would be interesting to know what really is the driving factor behind their posts. My 100% guess (based on no research beyond my own daily visits to all the Gawker media sites, mostly Gizmodo..I'm a tech loving nerd) is that Jalopnik is old school gear head types that like loud motors, wrenching their own cars to tweak performance, salvaging old restore projects with great pride... and have a resistance to any change that threatens the above, which perhaps means they see Tesla as a threat. I find some enjoyable reads there occasionally, much like all of Gawker's sister sites. I apologize for my first response post coming off so anti-Jalopnik, in fairness I actually do frequent the site.

mtdoak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wouldn't say Jalopnik is anti tesla as much as they are a shameless click farm. They post articles they think will get attention with intentionally misleading titles to generate traffic.

https://jalopnik.com/tag/tesla Lots of anti tesla (all with sensational titles) a few pro articles (mostly about Tesla helping PR recently). All of it to maximize traffic and ad impressions.