Jacksonville arrivals today

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GTV6

Country
Country
Having yet to see a Model 3 in the flesh, we wandered off 95 to the SC today on the way home North (1400 miles in the TDI sportwagen yet to go.)
Our timing was perfect - which I will take as a good omen for all of us (in the eternal search for reasons for hope). The Cars were just arrived, as indicated by a layer of dust. I had 15 minutes to inspect cars in all colors including a few with aero wheels, in full sun. I then was able to witness each car in movement as one by one they were driven inside.
Some observations and opinions written on my phone:
1. This is a very good looking car. No better or worse than the photos. It’s definitely a Tesla: elegant yet unique. It appears more compact than a 3 Series though it’s not if I remember correctly.
2. Fit and finish on the exteriors of all 10 cars was just fine. Panel gaps were even on all cars and at least average including the dreaded A-pillar/Hood gap and front door/Rear door trim strip intersection. Not quite to German standards but impressive for early VINs from a new manufacturer. Better than I expected. The only hiccup may be the fit of the front hood. It’s a complex shape sitting inside a complex ‘bowl’. Though it’s reminiscent of a 911 I think it’s more complex. None of the cars had the mid-hood bulge that some have noticed in relation to the fenders and it’s not an issue for me. If you are more picky you probably should buy an Audi. No reason for concern unless you are really obsessive about such things.
3. Yes, don’t buy your wrap and plastic-dip until you’ve seen the Aeros in person. I prefer them to the sport wheels except that the sport wheels do fill the wheel wells much better. Still not worth the range loss for our needs.
4. The trunk really is huge given the car’s footprint. We were reassured that we could make this work as our primary car as a replacement for the VW’s 60 cubic feet of space behind its front seats.
5. Colors (My wife, a color expert professionally, agreed in all cases - that’s why we are still together after so many cars and years).
Black: unexpectantly elegant even tho I would never own a black car out of safety and maintenance issues.
Midnight: granted these cars were yet to be prepped but for me the color might only work in Florida and California light. Not as elegant as has been described. (My heartfelt apologies to the midnight serenity thread members.)
Blue: very pretty IF clean. Will look like hell in New England winters (again my opinion).
Red: striking!
Silver: better and more lively than expected maybe because of the contrast of the dark roof.
White: definitely a pearl and cool/blue. Possibly shows off the exterior lines best.
I now know I could be very happy with white, silver and red. Seeing the colors side by side now makes the decision more difficult.
6. What a refreshing change once again to interact with staff members (as compared to legacy dealers) who willingly and sincerely entered into a spirited debate about the best color for the car. Tesla understands it’s the exoerience!

I’m a non-owner, reserved 3/31 7:30PST online with a Jan-Mar window. I can’t wait (but will)!

Over

Country
Country
Are they in Jacksonville today? Are they in Tesla store? Where can I see them? I hope you are talking about Jax, FL.

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I now know I could be very happy with white, silver and red. Seeing the colors side by side now makes the decision more difficult.
Good to know you liked white even with all the dust! We just saw a white one on the road this weekend and agreed that that is now our pick (instead of midnight, blue, and then midnight). We reserve the right to change our minds until configuration though!

GTV6

Country
Country
Yes, Jax.
All I know is they were driving them somewhere at about 5:30PM and they closed at 6:00. I was told these were definitely customer cars but I know nothing beyond that as I am not local and was just passing through.

So, Ski. Yes, the important question! Feel like I have entered that point where time slows done, all colors become more intense (as if in a vivid dream), and anything you desire falls into an ‘almost but not quite there’ force field.

A. We could be happy with red, white or light silver. Hell, we could be happy with pink dots on black and a screaming chicken on the front hood like a Firebird.
B. Silver is very practical in that it masks. dirt. But I’ve had far more white or pearl cars than any other color and I think it’s an easy color to live with. On this car the lighter colors show off Franz’ design lines the best.
C. Franz has been seen in two red cars (the original car in which Motor Trend took its first ride and that P (?) with the big rims and different badging. As a designer I guess he thinks the is best.

So, drum role please , our choice is....,,, ......I give up. I will need to see the colors in the flesh with Aeros to decide.

Arghhhhhhhhh. I’ve even pictured round rally fog lights with yellow lenses mounted in front with each of these three colors as well as with the white red and blue of MA license plates. Next I’ll be taking into consideration our barn/garage which is a weathered barn red as well as the color of the.silar panels on the grey metal roof high above. The 3 street-facing open garage