Jack Stands & Lift Pucks/Adapters

telero

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Anyone actually seen the jack points on the Model 3 yet? I definitely prefer swapping summer and winter tires at home. From what I've seen with the Model S is that you either need a lift, or a set of jackstands that have a separate pad that allows you to jack the car up first then place the stand under the pad and set it down on the stand. I'd assume that since the service center wouldn't want to carry more tools than necessary that it'll be the same for all the cars, but I'd definitely like some confirmation before shelling out the money.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the MS manual it shows 4 jacking points. Just jack one corner at a time at the jack point. I haven't seen anything that says you can't do that. I've got a low profile race type jack for that. Been doing it for years.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe this video would be interesting for you.

Sadly it's somewhat normal these days that each brand needs a jack pad adaptor, but I'm shocked after this many years none are mass manufactured for Tesla. I usually buy a set of 4 for about $50 for my minis and bmws and they actually attach to the car and stay. Maybe Evannex can offer these. @Roger Pressman

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Watching this thread with interest since I'll be doing swaps twice a weekend when I do ski trips. Granted with a "Dec-Feb" delivery window, chances are my car will not actually be delivered anytime during ski season because of delays, so I might not have to worry about it until the 2018-2019 ski season…

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Forgot about this thread, appears from @TrevP 's video and others that they don't have the 3-peg configuration.
I will reiterate I hope reasonable aftermarket adapters will be made as I have bought for my other cars.

Last edited:

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think I will be ordering a full set of these for when I take into my local shop rather than to Tesla (which is most likely just going to be for tires).
https://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html#!/Jack-Pad-for-Tesla-Model-3/p/102248217/
For home I plan to get one jack (or maybe two so I can do tire rotation myself) for RV leveling (because the have holes for mounting) and just mount a board with a peg in it. I'll keep one in the frunk with my plug kit and compressor.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I think I will be ordering a full set of these for when I take into my local shop rather than to Tesla (which is most likely just going to be for tires).
https://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html#!/Jack-Pad-for-Tesla-Model-3/p/102248217/
For home I plan to get one jack (or maybe two so I can do tire rotation myself) for RV leveling (because the have holes for mounting) and just mount a board with a peg in it. I'll keep one in the frunk with my plug kit and compressor.
These are the ones I saw linked elsewhere that I plan on getting.

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I used a set of cribbing blocks to crawl under the car a few weeks back. Normally I use these to get under the Triumph to mess with things. Not much of anything under a Model 3 . I reported on rotating tires elsewhere, a Harbor Freight 2 ton racing jack works great and even the 1.5 ton shown in the photo worked ok.
cribbingblocks-jpg.9193
:)

Last edited:

bobbymo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Also following, as I do my own wheel/tire swaps from summer/winter.

Could do it with just the jack, but it's unsafe, and could be bad news is the jack fails...

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could do it with just the jack, but it's unsafe,
I actually rotated mine with two jacks, if one fails, the other is good enough to hold the car. Redundancy. By the way, if the jacking points are in use by the jacks, where do you put the jack stands? o_O I couldn't figure that out so I simply used two jacks on a side (front and back) and then the two jacks in the rear jacking points to do the crossover. Bit involved but my nearest service center is Denver and I didn't want just any yahoo rotating my tires.

bobbymo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I actually rotated mine with two jacks, if one fails, the other is good enough to hold the car. Redundancy. By the way, if the jacking points are in use by the jacks, where do you put the jack stands? o_O I couldn't figure that out so I simply used two jacks on a side (front and back) and then the two jacks in the rear jacking points to do the crossover. Bit involved but my nearest service center is Denver and I didn't want just any yahoo rotating my tires.
Brilliant

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also following, as I do my own wheel/tire swaps from summer/winter.

Could do it with just the jack, but it's unsafe, and could be bad news is the jack fails...
Jacks are fine for just wheels. Jack stands needed if you are getting under the car. No need to put any part of your body under a car for wheels.