Issues with Screen. Anyone else enjoy this surprise?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the replies and I am starting to suspect that these glitches might be related to what others have been seeing and not heat related. I did a soft reboot last night to solve a bluetooth media audio issue so maybe that will prevent screen glitching. Will update you guys if I see it again!

trak0r

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey all,

I just received this response from Tesla:

"
Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. Model 3 “display glitches”, also referred to as graphical artifacts, may randomly appear across the Infotainment touchscreen or result in a sluggishness for the image to update. In some cases, the display may automatically reboot to recover itself. These artifacts are due to a graphical system error in the car’s firmware that create an unfortunate nuisance for the customer. The Tesla Firmware Engineering teams are currently addressing this behavior. The car is drivable, does not require physical repair, and can be recovered via a scroll wheel reset.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at ServiceHelpNA@Tesla.com.

Best Regards,

Christopher | Tesla Support
https://www.tesla.com/support "

I'm not sure this makes me happy, but at least they are aware. Hopefully the 2019.12 update I've yet to receive, has remedied this.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve had this a couple of times during the past two weeks. The first time the text displayed was missing random characters. Today, however, things got interesting. There were all kinds of crazy things going on, like a Stanley Kubrick nightmare. It was fascinating to watch! Everything worked including the navigation so I just rebooted at home and it’s OK for now.
I’m glad Tesla is aware and await the fix.
E.

Klaus-rf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
^
Got that late Thursday. Fortunately it was on start-up so I three-fingered it.

On the morning drive on fwy Thrusday the screen went very funky and flashy, then all black for 40+ seconds, radio went silent, then diaplayed the "T" logo and came back on like nothing happened. Radio came back on to the previous channel that was selected before we started the drive and the nav destination was lost.

Been seeing, intermittently, strange display clutter for at least a week now.

TomT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've seen the same thing a few times on mine... A reboot clears it.

I got this weird video issue when jumping in for my commute. I fixed by rebooting car, but was wondering if anyone knew more information about why or how severe it is.

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yeah I get an occasional screen weirdness. recently the screen stayed black even after entered the car. I put it in reverse and the car was able to move backwards with the screen totally black. I then put it in park and rebooted it and the screen came back. A couple of times it rebooted itself while driving. A recent weird one was the loss of some letters on the keyboard replaced by gibberish and at the same time instead of having 209 miles of range left only the 9 was visible. This corrected after a reboot. These things don't bother me as long as they are rare, brief enough so they don't appreciably interfere with driving, and fix after a quick reboot. They also tend to be 1 or 2 time events and then don't recur, probably fixed by some clandestine update.

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
^
Got that late Thursday. Fortunately it was on start-up so I three-fingered it.

On the morning drive on fwy Thrusday the screen went very funky and flashy, then all black for 40+ seconds, radio went silent, then diaplayed the "T" logo and came back on like nothing happened. Radio came back on to the previous channel that was selected before we started the drive and the nav destination was lost.

Been seeing, intermittently, strange display clutter for at least a week now.
probably same one I saw
I’ve had this a couple of times during the past two weeks. The first time the text displayed was missing random characters. Today, however, things got interesting. There were all kinds of crazy things going on, like a Stanley Kubrick nightmare. It was fascinating to watch! Everything worked including the navigation so I just rebooted at home and it’s OK for now.
I’m glad Tesla is aware and await the fix.
E.
this sounds exactly like what I saw...missing characters and some gibberish...corrected with a reboot

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I encountered these artifacts for the first time last week as I was washing my car. Every time I opened a door to clean around the jamb and sills, the screen would come on and display randomly flashing artifacts. They went away as soon as I got into the car and drove it back into the garage. In my case, no reboot needed. Haven't seen them since.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1557753770615-png.25867

1557753927739-png.25868

I've had similar -- That's not my name...similar text garbling all over the screen (map place titles, the battery % reading, The car name, the Park/Drive/Neutral indicator, Speedo, and the dash info lights (low tires, park brake etc).

Always fixed with a reboot, but it's very very reminiscent of what computers look like when their gpu is failing or overheating. Some sort of memory error losing a bit here or there corrupting a small blit.

2019.8.5 on both screenshots. 2018 M3D Sept 1103xx